Harder to find figures

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Harder to find figures

Postby Avenger222 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:08 am

so, i've noticed a pattern of people not being able to find the dory playset and nemo. They appear to not exist in gamestop's system, or on amazon or walmart's sites.

Another duo i've noticed is harder to find is Nick wilde and judy hopps. seriously. They're backordered at target.com for 2-4 weeks, and OOS on amazon. gamestop also has sold out of them online.

Any of the figures you think will pick up value like this in the future? Now that finding dory is out, i can only imagine that finding the two will be hard.. kids will see the movie and buy the characters. and with the short supply of them, they'll be gone

rank_100
Avenger222
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Harder to find figures

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:39 am

Amazon are shipping my nick on the 5th July so must be getting new stock then.

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby vynsane » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:29 pm

bestbuy.com currently has both Nick and Judy, as well as Nemo and the Dory playset all in stock online.

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Postby grizzleghost » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:11 pm

I decided to close out the collection. I had to go to four different stores to find the last figures. Only one had Nemo and it was the last one. Weird that stores have been shipped so few. There are so many Marvel Battlegrounds on the shelf by comparison. Also, I noticed a few other characters were in very low supply. I only saw a couple Quorra figures at the last store and none at the first three. Some other figures like Spot were also hard to find. Toysrus and Target had a lot of figures so I expect a big sale soon - but don't expect to be able to close the collection out at just one store.

rank_50
grizzleghost

Postby mcdull » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:38 am

I more believe people who collect figures might be buying those non-popular figures after the cancellation of Infinity.
Why I said Quorra is non-popular because I had new Quorra and Sam Flynn for sale at a few bucks lower than retail price on eBay and no one were watching until finally sold after might be a month. I don't know Spot and the Good Dinosaur if not because of the Power Disc and I'm sure my Target has plenty of them for months, but I didn't check lately.
And I think they're at much lower production compared to those tons of Star Wars and Marvel figures (which contributed to DI's death), so very likely they will not be restocked once they're sold out until Disney dumped the leftover if any.

In fact, the best bet on figures that can't be found from other big store might be toysrus (which even still has 1.0) and disneystore.com, like it now has Spot on sale for $10.49
mcdull
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BandAid » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:44 pm

I've had good luck with the newer figures at my local TRU. Target, Best Buy, and Gamestop have been pretty dismal. I had to order in a Light FX Obi-Wan from Indiana, and I still haven't found a Light FX Yoda (that's what I get for waiting for a convenient sale).

I don't recall seeing a Spot and the Tron characters even at TRU though. I imagine their production run ceased months ago, so whichever one or two that are left on random shelves is all there's left. Good luck completing your collections!

rank_50
BandAid

Postby osyanez » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:50 am

It's hard to find any figures at my local Best Buys and Targets, but my local Toys R Us has plenty of figures. There are a lot of 1.0 and 2.0, some of which are literally collecting dust. Even the newer ones seem to not sell that well. I saw about four each of Alice and Time the weekend of their release, but not Mad Hatter. I thought maybe his figure sold out quickly, but when I asked someone on staff if he was in stock, he said yes and went to their stock room and pulled out the unopened box they were shipped in and handed me one.

When I went back for Finding Dory and Nemo, neither was on the shelf. I again asked a staff member who went to check the stock room and, again, they were in unopened boxes.
osyanez
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys