moana playset screenshots, figure images

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: moana playset screenshots, figure images

Postby Tilarta » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:41 am

A few days ago, I was getting some info on why fans choose what they like for their games.
It wasn't related to Disney Infinity, but since the principles seem related, I thought I should share the insights gleaned from the exercise.

Corporations, especially ones dedicated to games don't care about the fans in the slightest.
It's the money that motivates their involvement.
They do what is popular/will make them the most money.
If it isn't popular/won't make them rich, then they just don't care.
They don't believe in their product or respect the opinions of the fans, all they think about is the financial benefit to themselves.

At a rough guess, I would assume that this policy means that the dedicated fans, the ones they should be appeasing most, aren't the ones who they make the profit off.
That the corporation is making enough money off the casual fans that they feel it is worth the risk to alienate the dedicated fans, because in the end, the profit is with one group and not the other.
Assuming they care at all, they may not.

So what it will eventually end up is that the majority of Disney's customer base will be "brand loyalists", the ones who instantly take whatever they are given, regardless or whether it is good or bad because it has the "Disney name" on it.
And the dedicated fans will just stay in their corner of the world watching 20 year old recordings of the good movies/shows and playing with the toys from those franchises while remembering the "good old days" when Disney wasn't a heartless dreamcrusher.

rank_250
Tilarta
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys