EXCLUSIVE LOOK: 12-inch figure special attacks

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

EXCLUSIVE LOOK: 12-inch figure special attacks

Postby Stitch » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:04 pm

So apparently the cancelled 12-inch figures that were planned did have some new and cool attacks. New and cool enough to warrant buying them for $45? Well... That's up to you (In my opinion, still far from worth it).

SOURCE: Infinity Inquirer

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Re: EXCLUSIVE LOOK: 12-inch figure special attacks

Postby GermanBoldItalic » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:28 pm

The only one that looked any different to me movewise is Jack Skellington, and that's just because he has more than one move now. I'd personally rather have my old figures moves upgraded than spend 45 dollars on a new version of a figure that I already have, that is much too tall to be displayed with my other Infinity figures.

I hate to say it, but if the game had survived that long, having a million of those figures sitting on shelves in stores probably would've done the game in.

rank_250
GermanBoldItalic
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby No.1 Pooh Bear Fan » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:12 pm

That's exactly what I've been thinking as well when it comes to these.

Despite that, Premium Jack actually looks pretty neat. That move with Shock, Lock, and Barrel looks like the beginning of a special.

rank_50
No.1 Pooh Bear Fan
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Paradox » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:37 pm

Well said GermanBoldItalic, existing figure upgrades would have been cool but not spending $45 for reposed figures we got already, on a larger scale with new moves... It's a shame DI is gone but if it began going this route I think I would have been even more upset quite honestly. To each their own...

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby Elmo STM » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:27 pm

Vadars 12 inch figure is my fave looking so far, his in game footage doesn't appeal to me much though

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:27 pm

I like how much different Jack was (but they should have done more with those 1.0 figures) but Darth Vader looks stunning ... Should have had that out instead of light fx

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:37 am

I agree, Vader's figure (particularly the base) is beautiful.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby JustNCredible » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:19 pm

Yea most of these figures should have just been patched to perform better, especially the 3.0 figures who were just released. It would have upped customer confidence and set a great mold for the industry. I still would have bought some of these only so I could have had the new move-sets, but it's a shame I probably would have had to pay a premium (I highly doubt they would have been a full 12" and a full $45 though).

I'll admit though that Vader is a bit underwhelming in the game as-is. His attacks are too slow, his special is extremely weak (Darth Maul's special, in comparison, is very similar and much more dangerous as it's instantaneous while Vader's you have to charge-up) and honestly I'm not a fan of his stomping as he swings, just doesn't seem right to me for some reason. His new mold pictured here is also extremely cool, much more "Vader." Even though I feel he should have been done "right" the first timer around, he's one figure I gladly would have payed a premium to have a special edition of, I mean it's Vader.

Also, Elsa would have been more merited than the others as it's an entirely different costume, and an awesome one at that. I think the mold looks great.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys