it's as if Disney Infinity never existed

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: it's as if Disney Infinity never existed

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:12 am

THE TOY BOX TV EPISODES ARE STILL AVAILABLE VIA THE 3.0 MAIN MENU ON MY XBOXONE.
If anyone can work out how to video capture them, this may be our last chance to save and share them.
:shock:

They're episodes 83 ( first of 3.0 ) to 118. This also includes the tutorial 'tips and tricks' episodes. I haven't looked on 2.0 yet.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:01 pm

I can try and grab some during the week but won't be able to until then unfortunately. Anyone else able to grab some?

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:51 am

I guess deleting the social side makes sense if no one is around to control it, wish the YouTube page just turned comments off or something...

We are in a different weird part of gaming, had the game been a simple no community offline game, like most games (epic mickey, castle of illusion, Skylanders etc) closing things down once the game has finished would be normal. The team moves on and that's sort of it, it's done...infinity wasn't like that due to the online nature and many games are gonna have this issue when servers get shut down...

Just sucks how bad this year has been treated. Hardly a nice soft exit, kick you out the van blindfolded while still moving... Had we just not had '4.0' and 3.0 had naturally just ended after finding dory, it may have helped but still feel a little sour to how it all is being handled

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Hanzo » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:29 pm

Yeah, I've been gaming since 1986.....I've never felt so duped before. I have at least a grand invested into Infinity.....never again will I buy into anything like this no matter how popular it seems on the outside.

Also sucks explaining to my four year old that infinity isn't coming out with new characters.
"You shouldn't take life so seriously...you'll never get out alive"

rank_0
Hanzo
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:35 pm

I have always worried as an old ( 43 ) traditional gamer, used to tapes and cartridges ( ! ) about how the online nature of games would affect life span and ability to keep playing our games longterm. It was simple back in the day, you had the console, your games all hard copies. No messing, simples. It hit home when we got Plants Vs Zombies on 360 - After purchasing the game and spending more on DLC, it dawned on me that without an off-line mode, the game is unplayable and 'dead' As it soon as the community dwindles. Also non-disc downloadable games will eventually become harder to own. If your 'old' console becomes faulty or the HD fails, ( if the game isn't backwards compatible ) you will need to source another 'old' console to own the game again ( if it is still available to download ). The convenience of downloaded games and online content is a major boon, and is inevitable technological progress (?), but it also throws up many new problems too.

Multimedia all-in-one entertainment systems were always going to be different beasts to our old Dreamcasts and Ps2/Ps1s, but it also makes them very expensive. My Gamecube was £129 at launch, now you need £300-£400 quid to get on board. And 60 quid for a second controller! MAD! I'm a late comer having only got my Xbox One a week ago, but it still cost me £190 quid ( second hand 1tb ) with second controller ( another £35 ). Modern gaming can be a very pricey business.

Last rant: It also annoys me that my 3.0 keeps telling me to watch toy box tv and experience the 'Baloo music challenge' or whatever, like a broken record reminding me it's all now far out of date and over.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:11 pm

@BionicKoalaBoy the only videos i can find are from Disney UK and are not toy box tv? do you have a link please to the toy box episodes?

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:10 pm

@bionickoalaboy I get what you mean, I still have the retro consoles, they're awesome. I do love my Xbox one though, I paid about £200 last year for a second hand 500gb so you didn't do too bad, just sucks you missed the FIFA deal. Luckily I picked up a c ps4 for 115 last week so just need the starter pack now.

Sheriff let me know if you find them, If a few of us grab them it'll be easier

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby XShadow246 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:14 pm

Hey Sheriff,

If you go to https://infinity.disney.com/ and choose the US region icon on the top right you should still see (for now) the toybox tv episodes link by clicking the community dropdown up top. Then use a screen capture program like Open Broadcaster to record the videos you want on pc. Hope this helps.

rank_100_ftb
XShadow246

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:07 am

@Sheriffwoody @XShadow246

I've captured everything from the US Infinity site. The content appears to be same as I have available on my Xbox One. ie 3.0 episode 83-118, Top5s, Tips N Tricks and episodes.

If we can find a source for episodes 1-82 i'll grab'em too. This is what I have managed so far: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwId_c ... noPP2Fin_A

Hours and hours of DI videos on TWITCH too - https://www.twitch.tv/disney/v/18679776

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys