FIGURES VANISHING OFF SHELVES

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

FIGURES VANISHING OFF SHELVES

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:20 pm

I thought with all the talk of over production and over stocking, that the Infinity figures would be with us in stores for some time still.

However shop stock is dwindling very quickly now, and altogether in some cases. :(

In my home town we have 2 GAME stores. One has discontinued altogether, with absolutely no stock at all. The second store has a metre of stock, but at £6.99 per figure still, the stock's not shifting. It's only a matter of days or weeks before this is recalled and replaced with Lego dimensions.

Our local TESCO mega store has removed ALL toys-to-life, not just Infinity. And Sainsburys have slashed to £5 a figure at 3 for 2. I managed to pick up the last Vision and Fear yesterday, and an extra Poe Dameron for my 3rd figure ( I'm going to mod with a Luke figure, to make Luke's pilot costume change ). The other large Sainsbury's in town has the same offer, but has nothing but a zillion Obi-Wan light FX. I was hoping to get Black Spidey, but none to be found :(

It seems that as new stock for Dimensions and Skylanders is starting to filter in for the Christmas period, the Infinity space is being re-allocated. Thankfully my NEEDS list only has 7 figures on it now, the rarest being Cpt America 1st Avenger. I've a feeling that particular figure and the regular red Spidey are going to turn out to be the 'Rares' for anyone still trying to collect.

Still, my mind is mulling over continued modding potential. Figures are now available for pence - at CEX from 75p. Sulley, Jack, Lightening, Black Widow, Ahsoka, Anakin, all 2 quid or less.
Below is my my snow-fatigue Anakin, from the Clone Wars Episode 'TRESPASS' - on ice planet Orto Plutonia. I may go back and bulk out his hood fur a bit more looking at it in retrospect.

But first it's Luke in X-wing gear... ( And that Leia Boushh disguise i've been putting off ).

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: FIGURES VANISHING OFF SHELVES

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:00 pm

Haha love the custom, that's the best thing about the sales grabbing ones to mod.

Both tescos near me have 0 infinity stock since that sale but have dimensions and skylanders.

The over production was mostly hulk iirc they made 2 million or something crazy like that expecting him to be a breakaway figure that everyone needed.

Spiderman isn't rare but is expensive if you don't need the full playset (in the uk at least he is).

Will grab light fx obi with 2 others I need from sainsburys asap then the rest I'll grab online when the price is right.

Now onto dimensions lol

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:43 am

ImageImage

That's right. 2 pounds and twenty four pence. ( $2.67 )

Couldn't believe my eyes. I still needed the sands of Agrabah disc, and I wanted another Aladdin to 'Prince Ali' mod, so not pointless.

I found them in GAME in Norwich by the way, in the Castle Mall, not the smaller branch ( who have NO Infinity ).

And this morning, noticed Sainsbury's Ipswich have the PS3 starter pack for £7.99. ie Thor, Black Widow and Iron man...

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Paradox » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:04 pm

Wow, that's something around 3 bucks in USD, right? Nice find, have fun modding!

rank_deputy
Paradox
Main Console: PS4

Postby npgcole » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:52 pm

Lovin' that snow gear Anakin!
"I am one with The Force, The Force is with me."

rank_250
npgcole
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:30 am

@npgcole

Thanks. He was probably the most complicated mod i've done so far, as I moved all his limbs and changed his stance. - The only parts of him visibly left from the original is his face and boots. Thankfully the sand dune base was easily adapted to a snow drift instead; I just added an extra couple of ice blocks. ;)

The only reason I originally chose Anakin to mod was that he had become so cheap second hand, just £1. I though I could afford to experiment. But it wasn't 'til I googled that it became apparent that Anakin and Ahsoka have VERY few alternate costumes. I've yet to find Ahsoka in anything else actually. ( Maybe there's an underwater 'scuba' type outfit, or some formal wear? ). I don't like changing characters completely, but actually it wouldn't to be too hard to turn Ahsoka into Aayla Sakura ( ? ). :roll:

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Paradox » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:57 am

There is a figure of Ahsoka in scuba gear from one of the episodes I remember. I found this on Amazon (US) but boy is it pricey, it must exist elsewhere for less: https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Action ... B007OOJGQE

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby rogpalmeruk » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:55 pm

Yeah plenty of stores have been pulling stock which was to be expected, especially once Xmas hits with new skylander/Lego sets . But it does feel like stores haven't got the same faith in toys 2 Life

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:32 pm

Thanks Paradox. Funny that I just plucked that costume idea out of the air :D

Still it's pretty good, even a bit Tron-like - despite the clear visor being a pain to reproduce neatly.

Image Image

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys