TWO NEW PLAYSETS!!!

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: TWO NEW PLAYSETS!!!

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:02 am

Yes i'd forgotten how much I enjoyed sailing in 'pirates'. That's an experience unlike anything in the other sets. - And I can't think of much else similar to the train either. Everything else just seems to have had wandering towns people and on-rails vehicles. The Avengers city felt 'empty' to me compared to Colby town - Correct me if you think otherwise.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mkruzer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:39 pm

I was just replaying the Spider-Man playset with my daughter and I was thinking about how it has this huge map of Manhattan yet it feels so empty. We had just replayed the Incredibles playset the last couple of days and I couldn't help but think how cool it would be to play with the Marvel characters in the Incredibles playset.

rank_100
Mkruzer
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JustNCredible » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:43 am

I agree on both accounts; the Incredibles playset was a little underwhelming compared to Pirates and Lone Ranger but it didn't feel at all empty compared to the DI 2 cityscape playsets. Spider Man was better than the Avengers playset though, the sewers were a nice touch and being that most Spiderman characters could get around fast it didn't feel as large and empty as the Avengers set. Even the missions and characters were more livley, and the color scheme helped. The Avengers set was too gray and depressing.

I loved the Toybox hub in 3.0 though, although I wish the Cheshire Cat hide-n-seek and the surprise death star attack were continuous, randomly occurring events, and not ones that only happened one time, it would have felt even more "alive" than it already did.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 am

Given that he's so fast and agile, I thought it was odd gameplay choice in Spiderman to keep giving him those big 'soundwave guns' to to carry. Which made him super-sluggish and prevented him from jumping. What fun is that? I admit it was about creating a 'puzzle element' to proceedings. But if it's frustrating to the player...

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys