TWO NEW PLAYSETS!!!

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

TWO NEW PLAYSETS!!!

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:50 pm

Well not really unfortunately :( But for me they are. It just dawned on me strangely how I haven't actually played, The Monsters University or Toy story in space playsets. I dabbled on the Cars one joining in with my son once. Towing other cars around and doing stunts.

When my son originally asked me about getting Disney Infinity and asked if we could trade in our Skylanders stuff to get it, I obliged. I hadn't heard of it, and he showed me a couple of you tube videos. I liked the clever skylanders but with Minecrafty creation stuff idea. I didn't play it for the first couple of months - 2.0 had come out by that point. I watched it over my son's shoulder, but thought it still appeared very 'cutesy'. It was only when the Avengers and the Lone Ranger playsets attracted me, that I started to play properly, and actively started 'collecting' the figures. It became an obsession. We were still on the Xbox 360 until Autumn 2016, but I just never returned to those original playset pieces I 'missed'.

Also there must be many people who already had a Ps4 or Xbox one, and never owned the original, Or just adopted the game later - like we did.

Now i'm aware that the playsets where much shorter and simplistic in the original, but i'm quite excited to see how the game I still love above all else took it's first tentative steps. I still have my 360 game and portal, and am looking forward to giving my Monsters Inc characters a long overdue airing. :D

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: TWO NEW PLAYSETS!!!

Postby Paradox » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:49 pm

Enjoy, they were both very fun playsets compared to some others from what I remember.

Another very enjoyable one was The lone Ranger playset. Unfortunately the movie didn't do very well but the playset on the other hand was, for me, quite enjoyable.

Cars was probably one of my least enjoyable ones.

rank_deputy
Paradox
Main Console: PS4

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:10 pm

Cars seems very limited due to 'lack of limbs' from the characters. - I Love The Lone Ranger. Film and Play-set. I just think it was just a bit too old skool when it hit the cinemas. But a great film. And the William Tell score? Epic...

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:35 pm

1.0 had my favorite play sets

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mkruzer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:34 am

A great discovery for you. Toy Story is one of the best. I have replayed it a bunch of times with my kids.

I just saw Moana, the whole movie is just begging to be a playset. That would have been great.

rank_100
Mkruzer
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:43 pm

I think I'll start with Cars, and 'save the best til last'.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:19 pm

1.0 play sets were some of the best, Lone Ranger and toy story stand out the most to me

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:33 am

Yep . I will say it again, The Lone Ranger set was great. The train circling the town, the fact that everything was on horseback. The shootouts. It was really atmospheric. Some people have said it was a bad choice, and that it hurt Infinity because the film was a 'flop' in monetary terms. But if they hadn't had faith in the movie, the playset wouldn't have happened, which would have been a great loss. - The quality of the super hero playsets was questionable I thought, very repetitive. Twilight of the republic is probably one of my favourites, despite my not particularly liking the prequels. There's just something about the story and missions that I find more appealing than the other 2 star wars sets. - What I think hurt Infinity and sales was the hero playsets. A lot was riding on 2.0 Avengers and Spiderman, and after after the initial thrill of swinging or flying through the city everything becomes VERY repetitive and a bit of a chore. I really did feel like I was grinding those, and at the end I did not have that "I wish there was more" feeling like with some of the others. In fact it was almost a relief. I haven't gone back to it since my 360 to One switch, and to be honest, I don't really want to.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JustNCredible » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:31 am

"TWO NEW PLAYSETS!!!"

You are EVIL lol.

The Toy Story playset was good, my only qualm with it was finding all of the collectibles; the latter half of the alien planet can be confusing to get around.

The Lone Ranger and Pirates playsets were my favorites by far, as others have said their atmospheres were top-notch and the train was an amazing addition, one that I always wished they would have fully brought to the toybox.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys