Distribution schedule curious

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Distribution schedule curious

Postby chriscwest45 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:56 am

Hey all. Now that D23 is done and launch is finalized I find myself questioning how they are doing this. As someone involved in a marketing business not to be mentioned, I don't understand releasing so many stand alone figures after launch and all of the figures useable in the playsets at launch.

The reasoning is two fold.

First for the playset figures it would make more sense to release additional characters later because it adds gameplay value. If you are like me when you are playing they playsets you'll be switching between characters to collect everything as you go. If they released...say Dash, Syndrome, Randy, Davey Jones, Mater and Francesco later in the year then at launch I would play through with the launch figures, finish the playset, then when new characters came out for the playset you would basically have to replay it through to unlock everything.

Second, if you are going to release toy box only figures, it would make more sense to release them when Toy Box is released. A lot of us will be playing Toy Box until we are blue in the face but for the masses that won't be trying to build massive things buying a figure in 3 months that doesn't have a full gameplay experience (other than toy box feats/adventures of course) will only to 2/3 of the launch audience: completionists and toy box fanatics while losing the casual gamer. If there were toy box only figures at launch most people would only use them in the Toy box and not the playset pieces. This would again increase time in the playsets because to level up the playset figures the playset would most likely get more use and get more toy box time because without a playset, leveling Rapunzel up will take a lot longer.

Now obviously I am going to love this game and get everything they put out but I'm just looking at the big picture. Of course the could still come out with surprises like with the Toy Box packs the stores listed early that provide more to do so this is just based on what we know right now.
chriscwest45
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys