New figures

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

New figures

Postby bleu4ever » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:22 pm

So they have said that there will be figures coming out with movies could it be that there will maybe be a
lone ranger set or planes or frozen or oz great and powerful or something that would be cool
what are your thoughts?

Because they did pirates why not lone ranger or oz the great and powerful.

:mrgreen:
The public is in danger! My evening's in danger! You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good! 'Greater good?' I am your wife! I'm the greatest *good* you are ever gonna get! "

rank_250
bleu4ever
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID: bleu4ever

Re: New figures

Postby Nibelilt » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:19 pm

I gotta admit that I think Oz looks cool. I actually liked TB's version of Alice In Wonderland, even though it is certainly no masterpiece, and I don't get why so few do. I don't think it will happen, though. I've barely been hearing anyone talking about the film, so I don't think it will be that popular. But who knows... Maybe when it comes out. Might be pretty nice for a game, and hopefully if it gets made AIW will as well.
I think Planes might just be an addition to the Cars play set if they make any of characters for it in the first place, simply because the movie is a straight-to-DVD release.
I'd also like Finding Nemo to be added in the future- specifically- once FN2 is released. Why? Well, it would be cool to get to explore a huge ocean.
And Frozen will be out this year and sounds like it could be exciting for a play set if it were made correctly.
When Anna (Bell) is cursed by her estranged sister, the cold-hearted Snow Queen Elsa (Menzel), Anna’s only hope of reversing the curse is to survive a perilous but thrilling journey across an icy and unforgiving landscape. Joined by a rugged, thrill-seeking outdoorsman Kristoff (Groff), his one-antlered reindeer and a hapless snowman, Anna must race against time, conquer the elements and battle an army of frozen sinister warriors if she ever hopes to melt her frozen heart.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID: Crash_Fodder
NN ID: Nibelilt

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:57 pm

Nibelilt wrote:I gotta admit that I think Oz looks cool. I actually liked TB's version of Alice In Wonderland, even though it is certainly no masterpiece, and I don't get why so few do. I don't think it will happen, though. I've barely been hearing anyone talking about the film, so I don't think it will be that popular. But who knows... Maybe when it comes out. Might be pretty nice for a game, and hopefully if it gets made AIW will as well.
I think Planes might just be an addition to the Cars play set if they make any of characters for it in the first place, simply because the movie is a straight-to-DVD release.
I'd also like Finding Nemo to be added in the future- specifically- once FN2 is released. Why? Well, it would be cool to get to explore a huge ocean.
And Frozen will be out this year and sounds like it could be exciting for a play set if it were made correctly.
When Anna (Bell) is cursed by her estranged sister, the cold-hearted Snow Queen Elsa (Menzel), Anna’s only hope of reversing the curse is to survive a perilous but thrilling journey across an icy and unforgiving landscape. Joined by a rugged, thrill-seeking outdoorsman Kristoff (Groff), his one-antlered reindeer and a hapless snowman, Anna must race against time, conquer the elements and battle an army of frozen sinister warriors if she ever hopes to melt her frozen heart.

Planes is now getting a cinema release so could very well be getting its own set.

The problem I forsee with Finding Nemo is that most of the characters are fish. How will that translate into the ToyBox mode? I justcan't see it happening, but I would love to be wrong.

The problem I see is the difference in the Disney films releases all over the world. Wreck-it-Ralph, for instance, was at the cinema in the USA last year while the UK is only getting it this week. In addition the Blu-Ray release of films are not consistent all around the would, in quality and release date, making it difficult for Disney Infinity to have a consistent releases of figures as well. I hope that all divisions of Disney get their act together but I don't see that happening.
MPK for short.

UK Retail Releases: 2.0 Edition, 3.0 Edition

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight

Postby Nibelilt » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:42 pm

Mr Penguin Knight wrote:The problem I forsee with Finding Nemo is that most of the characters are fish. How will that translate into the ToyBox mode? I justcan't see it happening, but I would love to be wrong.

The problem I see is the difference in the Disney films releases all over the world. Wreck-it-Ralph, for instance, was at the cinema in the USA last year while the UK is only getting it this week. In addition the Blu-Ray release of films are not consistent all around the would, in quality and release date, making it difficult for Disney Infinity to have a consistent releases of figures as well. I hope that all divisions of Disney get their act together but I don't see that happening.

That's what I thought too, but anything could happen. Considering that the overall theme of the Toy Box is meant to be something like a universal... Literate, toy box. (On that note, a themed toy box carry case would be epic. :P) I actually did think about it posting that suggestion, but there are infinite possibilities.

And... Gosh. I didn't even think about that. I use the Rotten Tomatoes app on my iPad to keep up with most movie news which auto-adjusts the release date and classification listings to the Australian details. But you're right on that one. I hope that they can sort something out. I would be very upset if they ended up delaying some sets just because their movies are due to come to certain countries later. Hopefully they DO work something out.

(Also, this is off-topic, but I'm very happy that the UK will finally be getting WIR and I've been cheering for them to. Australia got it a month late, but... Well, a whole new translation of the movie got released sooner, the Dutch one, I think... Oh well, it's going to be worth that wait, any UK-readers. Sweet golden medal. ;))
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
PSN ID: Crash_Fodder
NN ID: Nibelilt

Postby toops » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:44 pm

back before when the game and some concepts and info leaked, they listed lone ranger and frozen were planned for upcoming figures.
Official Xbox Magazine wrote:Later figures to be released are believed to include Mike Wazowski (Monsters, Inc.), Randall (Monsters, Inc.), Hector Barbossa (Pirates of the Caribbean), Davy Jones (Pirates of the Caribbean), Mrs. Incredible (The Incredibles), Syndrome (The Incredibles), Dash (The Incredibles), Violet (The Incredibles), Woody (Toy Story), Jack Skellington (Nightmare Before Christmas), Agent P (Phineas and Ferb), Rapunzel (Tangled), Anna (Frozen), Ice Queen (Frozen), Sorcerer Mickey, Tow Mater (Cars), and Francesco Bernoulli (Cars). There will also be landmarks to incorporate, including Radiator Springs. The landmark set will include a token for the new location, as well as Lightning McQueen and Holly Shiftwell. Additional landmark sets are reportedly planned for The Lone Ranger, Toy Story in Space, and Phineas and Ferb.
source link

this was just the first website i went back to but a couple of them reported it
and this also gives credit to the cars playset containing cars and holly

rank_deputy_etch
toops
Main Console: PS3

Postby bleu4ever » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:34 pm

I think diney is keeping lone ranger under the surface until close to the release because if you search up
Disney infinity lone ranger you will see alot of sites saying "these playsets consist of franchises like monster university,the incredibles,pirates if the caribbean and lone ranger" or there is even this one site where there was a lone ranger pack pre order but this was removed short after

I hope that this will happen though because tonto and the lone ranger would probably look awesome in that disney infinity style.
The public is in danger! My evening's in danger! You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good! 'Greater good?' I am your wife! I'm the greatest *good* you are ever gonna get! "

rank_250
bleu4ever
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID: bleu4ever

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:17 pm

bleu4ever wrote:I think diney is keeping lone ranger under the surface until close to the release because if you search up
Disney infinity lone ranger you will see alot of sites saying "these playsets consist of franchises like monster university,the incredibles,pirates if the caribbean and lone ranger" or there is even this one site where there was a lone ranger pack pre order but this was removed short after

I hope that this will happen though because tonto and the lone ranger would probably look awesome in that disney infinity style.

I found this which means that Zavvi is aware of there existence. No product page at all, but the cached page means that they have been made to exist at some point.

What it shows is that there'll be a play set for Cars, which we already know, and a playset for Lone Ranger. I would assume that both of these sets would be the other two sets released at launch, as Lone Ranger is coming out in July. What irks me about this is that this means that no Disney animated film will be reprensented at launch and instead we'll get two film franchises that are both lead by Johnny Depp. I can see why they would do this though as it will create a buzz for a film that will be out shortly after release of the game and that, I imagine, many people, myself included, hadn't heard of.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=zavvi ... 68&bih=928
MPK for short.

UK Retail Releases: 2.0 Edition, 3.0 Edition

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight

Postby Fluggerbutter » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:57 pm

Its known that the game developers are working very closely with the filmmakers and their teams from the movies, including, I believe I read somewhere, Tim Burton and Jerry Bruckheimer. With that being said, I imagine its easier, with the hectic schedules many filmmakers have, and more cost effective to work on several movies created by the same team at a time. For example, you wouldn't want to meet with Burton about Nightmare Before Christmas at one point and then have to pull him from his schedule at yet another point to meet about Frankenweenie. So this why we may be seeing inclusions from the same filmmakers at a time: lots of Pixar, both Nightmare and Frankenweenie from Burton are involved, and both Pirates and Lone Ranger from Bruckheimer. Of course this is all just my speculation, but seems like a very logical approach in my opinion.

rank_100
Fluggerbutter
Main Console: PS3

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys