The last playset

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: The last playset

Postby Pizza Planet » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:15 am

Something like Wreck-It Ralph or Phineas & Ferb would show a little more variety since we're already getting 3 Pixar and two Johnny Depp movie playsets at launch. Toy Story is an evergreen property for Disney, while Wreck-It Ralph doesn't have nearly as strong a presence in the retail world. They could release a Toy Story playset at any point during the year and it would be huge, whereas I'm not sure how much of a media push Ralph is still going to have beyond June since the DVD/Blu-ray comes out in March. Of course, being such a big fan of Wreck-It-Ralph, it could also be just a healthy dose of wishful thinking on my part that its playset would be out sooner than later. I'm a huge Toy Story fan too, so it wouldn't be disappointing to get that at launch, but the game would feel very Pixar-heavy. I can see Nightmare Before Christmas out in September as stores are setting out their Halloween merchandise. They might also be waiting to release the Phineas and Ferb playset until next spring when the live-action movie comes out.

rank_100
Pizza Planet
Main Console: PS4

Postby Nibelilt » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:23 am

I just don't see Wreck-It Ralph happening this year. Cars is probably going to be a racing-based playset, and the WIR playset seems to be based more off of Sugar Rush racing than platforming or action. They don't want to overdose us with with racing games. Of course, I'd love to be wrong, since Wreck-It Ralph is my favourite movie ever. ^_^ I just have a feeling it won't happen... And I have a hunch that it will come out early next year of be one of the very last play sets altogether.
As others have said, Toy Story will be successful at any time it's released, but it could also be used as an early sales booster to get people to invest in the game sooner. I don't expect it to, but... It might.
Both of them seem like half definitely yes and half definitely no.
Honestly, I think that Phineas and Ferb or Frozen are most likely if it isn't one of the above two. I think that it could be Nightmare Before Christmas as well.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby toops » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:20 pm

rank_deputy_etch
toops
Main Console: PS3

Postby Sheriff Woody » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:29 pm

"on october 29th it'll be the 20th anniversary of the movie" ... sidenote: dang i'm getting old

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Domigo McDuck » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:13 pm

I would love to see Wreck-It Ralph and am not quite sure if it is based on racing. I could imagine a big game central station with some minigames and sidequests from other game heroes. Perhaps we will be able to design our own Fix-It Felix skyscraper. Ok I know it`s just my dream, but it would be great!
Duckburg Weekly
Post are our own, not those of the Walt Disney Company.

rank_0
Domigo McDuck
XBL ID:

Postby bleu4ever » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:26 pm

after reading alot of articles.
I have noticed that alot of playset deductions are the same
here are the top 5 most mentioned besides MU, incredibles and POtC.

Frozen, Lone ranger, phineas and ferb,cars and toy story in space
well lone ranger and cars have alreday sorta been announced
so that leaves us frozen, phineas an ferb and toy story
But I don't expect
to see frozen this summer so that just leaves us phineas an dfern and toy story
and I still also think lone ranger will be 2 weeks later coming out when the movie releases
and at launch either P&F or Toy story will come out
The public is in danger! My evening's in danger! You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good! 'Greater good?' I am your wife! I'm the greatest *good* you are ever gonna get! "

rank_250
bleu4ever
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys