Infinity Mobile/3DS and PC questions.

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Infinity Mobile/3DS and PC questions.

Postby Modeltrainman » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:46 am

We keep hearing that the 3DS version of Infinity is "different". How different? What's the gameplay like? Does it come with its own Infinity base? Will stats earned in it work on PS3/PC? When do we get screenshots? Will it have DLC, or will there be a new cartridge every year? While we're at it, what will the mobile version be capable of? How will figures be brought in? Will PC have its own Infinity Base, or will the PC and PS3 have the same one? When will we see requirements? Will Infinity be cross copatible, as far as, if a friend has an XBOX, can they play my world created on PS3/PC
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Re: Infinity Mobile/3DS and PC questions.

Postby toops » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:13 am

We keep hearing that the 3DS version of Infinity is "different".
How different?
Due to obvious limitations I'm sure certain gameplay things will be limited. Like how open a world is, how many quests, etc.
this is a more extreme difference, but if you've played toy story 3 on console this is the DS version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAq8m0Nhy4c as you can see it's almost completely different.
Does it come with its own Infinity base?
Skylanders did so I assume Disney Infinity will as well
Will it have DLC, or will there be a new cartridge every year?
The 3DS can handle DLC, so I don't see why not other than possible memory limitations. And there will definitely be a new cartridge every year just how console versions get a new version every year.
While we're at it, what will the mobile version be capable of?
I remember reading that the mobile versions aren't actually the game but more like companion pieces, such as looking at your figure's stats on your iPad or whatever. Although I also remember seeing Toy Story 3 running on iPad during the initially leak so who knows maybe it is the game.
How will figures be brought in?
Probably through the PC, i don't see any other logical or convenient means
Will PC have its own Infinity Base, or will the PC and PS3 have the same one?
Skylanders has a somewhat universal portal, and most accessories (like USB microphones) work on PC/PS3/360 so I doubt they'll be separate peripherals.
Will Infinity be cross copatible, as far as, if a friend has an XBOX, can they play my world created on PS3/PC
Well uploaded levels are moderated by Disney, so even if you both on PS3 you can't have him download your level anyway. If you were on the same system you could be in toy box together and you could show him your level that way, but other than it being approved by Disney you can't really share levels outside of playing together.
Maybe there will be a loophole where you could join a friends toy box and save that level to your game as if you helped create it and then keep it that way..
These obviously aren't for sure, just my educated guesses.

rank_deputy_etch
toops
Main Console: PS3

Re: Infinity Mobile/3DS and PC questions.

Postby Modeltrainman » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:08 am

Yeah, I have TS3 on DS. I was just curious to know what to expect. I just hope that if 3DS gets a base it doesn't always have to be by me.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys