Characters and playsets

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Characters and playsets

Postby Old9 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:09 pm

I apologize if this question has been asked or answered already, but I'm still trying to get used to navigating these forums. Will there be characters that don't have their own playset? Like characters that are exclusive to toy box mode? Or will every character that's released be compatible with their own playset?

rank_100
Old9
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: Characters and playsets

Postby Sheriff Woody » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:17 pm

no need to apologise, it's always better to ask.

from the information that has been made available so far, only characters that have a physical figure and play set associated with them will be playable in-game.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Old9 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:23 pm

Thanks. Based on what info we have, it does look to be that way. Not that I mind, since there are supposedly going to be a lot more play sets in the future. I just thought It would be cool if popular (Or semi-popular) characters that can't have their own play sets be made into figures anyway.

rank_100
Old9

Postby mdewater » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:05 am

I really hope that this will happen eventually as well. For instance, characters like Lady and the Tramp - I can't really see them making a playset for it, but I'd love to have figures of them. There's lot of other examples that I think would fit the same situation. Maybe one way they could go about these types of characters would be to release a playset of "mini-games" with a collection of characters that don't necessarily go together otherwise.

rank_100
mdewater

Postby Old9 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:24 am

I like that idea. There are loads of cool Disney characters that are either not popular enough to warrant their own play sets, or are popular but don't have the necessary settings for a good play set. Gimme the seven dwarves, Pinocchio, Bambi, Baloo, The Horned King, or even Brer Rabbit!

rank_100
Old9

Postby toops » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:26 am

rank_deputy_etch
toops
Main Console: PS3

Postby Q34 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:43 am

I saw a video a few weeks ago which talked about a lot of stuff regarding the game. You guys may not believe me as I have extensively searched youtube for this video again and could not find it. Someone had linked it on the Disney Infinity facebook wall, and the title was in Spanish but it has since been taken down. I get the impression that no one was supposed to see it, atleast yet, and was leaked from an inside source. I believe the video because it did show the figures for some of the characters, they were just either not yet on a base or on just a clear circular base.

ANYWAY!

The video talked about a bunch of stuff regarding the game. It said that at release there would be the 5 confirmed or speculated playsets (3 from Starter Pack, Cars, Lone Ranger). There would be 17 figures at launch (all the confirmed, Randall, Lone Ranger and Tonto). It then said that there would be 2 expansion playsets being released later in the year (Toy Story in Space with Buzz and Jessie, Phineas and Ferb with Phineas and Ferb). It said that Woody and Perry would be released as solo characters. It then said that a Sorcerer Mickey, Jack Skellington, Rapunzel, and Anna and the Ice Queen from the upcoming Frozen would be released as standalone figures later in 2013, which I'm assuming means that they won't have a playset with them. I wouldn't be shocked if the Frozen figures are released with the movie.

It did show figures for some unconfirmed people; such as Randall, Lone Ranger, Tonto and the Toy Story crew. The 3 from launch looked the same as they do on the power disk package. What I did find strange though was that there was no reference to new figures in 2014 (only coins), and no mention of Wreck-It Ralph, who was shown in the closing video at the launch and in the trailer. So my guess is that he and Vanellope could make up 2014s first playset.

I have no idea if anyone else happened to see this video, and if I happen to come across it again I'll try to post it (if I'm allowed). And sorry for the rather long response to the question but I do believe we will see some characters without playsets if this video turns out to be true!

rank_0
Q34
Main Console: PS4

Postby toops » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:13 am

wow i've been all over the internet and i haven't seen a glimpse of this. the hunt is on!

rank_deputy_etch
toops
Main Console: PS3

Postby mdewater » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:58 pm

Hmmmm Q34 don't go getting my hopes up! That is certainly in line with what we've seen so far, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I really hope to see a Rapunzel figure. I wonder how the individual figures will work... exclusive to the Toy Box?

rank_100
mdewater

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys