Play Set and Character Wish List

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Play Set and Character Wish List

Postby OpossumGuy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:47 am

If Recess ever got characters, Mikey better use his incredibly smooth baritone singing voice for attacks, somehow. :P
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy
Main Console: Wii U

Postby TheANvil » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:44 pm

Would Robert Goulet provide the voice again^^ :p

rank_250
TheANvil
XBL ID:

Postby The Crocodile » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:42 am

I don't know if I would go out and purchase them, but I think it is disappointing that a lot of older franchises and characters are being ignored in order to promote newer movies and shows. Like, almost every Marvel Star Wars and Originals figure ties in with a recent release. They're almost there more to market whatever movie is coming out than anything else. I can respect this because at the end of the day Disney wants to make as much money as possible. That said, getting things like the live-action versions of Alice, Time, and Hatter seems like such a waste. The first movie made money, but does anyone know anyone who is actually hyped for the sequel? I have a strong feeling it's going to bomb and the majority of Alice and Hatter figures are going to wind up in a landfill somewhere. All the while franchises like the Disney Animation shows and movies like Hercules and Tarzan with arguably a bigger group of fans basically get ignored and pushed to the side for the flavor of the month. It's just depressing knowing that out of all these wishlists most of the characters wont come to fruition due to the fact that they may not be characters Disney marketing wants to push. As a Marvel fan it is nice having a pretty good idea when someone like Doctor Strange will release (November) because that's when they'll want to market the character the most. But then the downside to that is knowing that characters not linked to upcoming MCU films may never see release or will take years to come out. And even then it'll be their MCU version. I've only been playing the game and buying figures for a little over a month now and I'm already feeling a bit disillusioned. I understand this is meant to be a game for kids, but the support for it kind of sucks. Things like a terrible/empty online multiplayer, poor official forums, and a lack of transparency from Avalanche when it comes to things like dropping Apple TV/PC support. I really want to be an active part of the DI community, but if I don't have a huge interest in making toy boxes (which I don't) and just want to play with figures with other people it seems I'm sore out of luck. A more immersive online multiplayer would be awesome but for whatever reason Disney does not want to allow this.

rank_0
The Crocodile
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby TheANvil » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:57 pm

^^The worst thing about DI to me is that I can't just join random toyboxes with strangers. I only have a handful of people on my friends list who have DI, so it's really hard to ever have other people to play with (aside from my brother, but I'm talking full games). I don't have enough time to really get stuck into the toyboxes, so all I really get out of it at the moment are the playsets. And it's simply because of the lack of being able to connect with randoms.

DI 4.0 NEEDS to allow us to take ourselves, and our guests into toyboxes with randoms.

rank_250
TheANvil
XBL ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:25 pm

The irony of the backlash against "the flavor of the month" is that there is almost always the reverse once a movie comes out. D23 announcement of Judy and Nick - "Why is Zootopia getting figures??" After seeing film - "Why didn't Zootopia get a playset and more figures? Missed opportunity"

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby No.1 Pooh Bear Fan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:13 am

You guys sure this is the right thread to discuss this in? This is the wish list thread after all.

rank_50
No.1 Pooh Bear Fan
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Undies » Thu May 12, 2016 12:55 am

Goofy, Beauty and the Beast, Ariel, Ursula, Simba, Timon, Pumba, Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Kronk, Kuzco, Quasimodo, Jafar, Geenie, Star, Dr Strange, Scarlet Witch, Ms Marvel, Thanos, Bucky, Palpatine, Windu, Hera, Padme etc...... So many awesome characters we'll never get.

R.I.P. Finite possibilities.

rank_50
Undies
Main Console: PS3

Postby npgcole » Thu May 12, 2016 1:06 am

Yeah, my wishlist just got a whole lot bigger.

Any characters. ANY AT ALL. Just don't discontinue Disney Infinity, it's all I ask.
"I am one with The Force, The Force is with me."

rank_250
npgcole
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Avenger222 » Thu May 12, 2016 2:11 pm

Dipper, Mabel, Bill Cipher, General Grievous, Thanos... Now it'll never happen...

rank_100
Avenger222
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys