Disney Infinity Cars play set trailer with gameplay footage

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Cars Playset Video (German)

Postby mutatedjellyfish » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:46 am

DISCLAIMER: posts do not reflect the opinions of my employer.

Mickey
mutatedjellyfish

Re: Disney Infinity Cars play set trailer with gameplay foot

Postby KenLives » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:23 am

Looks awesome... Some crummy textures, but hey, the gameplay looks fun!

rank_0
KenLives
Main Console: PS4

Postby Modeltrainman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:41 am

I think we should keep in mind that Disney games have never been meant as graphical showcases. I like the simpler graphics. Should be easier for PCs to handle.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby KenLives » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:19 am

rank_0
KenLives

Postby Adscan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:10 am

I will always trade Graphics for FPS (frames per second) for silky smooth frame rates.
I don't know when the attitude started that "It can't be a good game just look at the graphics".
Maybe because I was playing games on my Atari 2600 and back then graphics wasn't part of the equation.
Oh us old gamers, back in my day we didn't have graphics or ram or HD or consoles or electricity.
We had a steam powered projector that played an array of black and white images of domestic animals onto the side of the house.
We then had to use our catapult to launch the corresponding animal onto the side of the house and make it stick.

Etch
Adscan
XBL ID:

Postby KenLives » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:08 am

I grew up with pinball, atari 2600 and 25 cent arcades. I love gameplay over graphics, but gimmie both! Hehe! Avalanche does nice work, graphically and gameplay wise. Cars 2 looks and plays beautifully with a great framerate and ample content. I hope its a precursor to what we can expect from Infinity.

rank_0
KenLives

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:18 am

I believe that I was the first to bring up the graphics of e game but over time I have come to realise why they look the way they do. It all comes down to ToyBox mode. ToyBox mode can have 4 players online, all 4 on different consoles, and each can customise the world they are in simultaneously. If the graphics were top of the range then the lag caused by is would render the game unplayable, even on dedicated servers*.

The story mode uses the same graphics engine as the ToyBox mode to keep the game consistent and not make ToyBox mode look horrible.

This is all my opinion but I belive I'm fairly close with what I'm saying. It does look very Disney though so the graphics aren't a problem.

*I do hope that it will have dedicated servers as a P2P system would be under a lot of strain in ToyBox mode, especially here in the UK were our internet speeds are shocking.
MPK for short.

UK Retail Releases: 2.0 Edition, 3.0 Edition

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight
Main Console: Wii U

Postby KenLives » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:32 am

To clarify, i meant the textures, not the models or styles, were lacking. The Pirates levels as well as Incredibles are astonishingly good. The Cars ones look blurry, but the screecaps look sharp, so maybe its early footage. Avalanche does nice work, so i think all will be well. I hope its as robust as little big planet...

rank_0
KenLives

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys