Marvel and Star Wars as separate games?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Marvel and Star Wars as separate games?

Postby mdewater » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:09 am

Honestly, even as big a Disney fan as I am, I'm excited more for the characters aspect than I am strictly from the fact that its Disney. It's the same reason people love the Smash Bros games- because they're full of great, iconic characters. And of course Marvel and Star Wars are full of them as well. Hell, I'd love to see properties NOT owned by Disney join Infinity. I know that's of course all but impossible, but how awesome would Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Avatar, How to Train Your Dragon, Nintendo characters, etc etc be? I'd welcome any and all great characters to Infinity. (And more importantly, I'd welcome their figures on my shelf ;) )

rank_100
mdewater

Postby buckmana » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:18 am

Except for How to Train Your Dragon, I wouldn't accept anything from that list.
I'd really like to see Monsters Vs Aliens as well.

If they stay in their own worlds that's all well and fine, but having them come out into the Sandbox world is not a good idea.
When they outnumber the traditional Infinity characters 10 to 1, it won't be Disney Infinity anymore, but Marvel-meets-Stars-Wars Infinity.

Also, I'm concerned that focussing on the characters from those franchises will mean we get less actual Disney Infinity figures out, because (again) there is more of them then there are Disney Infinity ones.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Postby mdewater » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:18 am

Well, since it IS Disney Infinity at the end of the day, I doubt we'd get to a point where they outnumber the Disney or Pixar characters. I doubt they would get into some of the obscure characters. For instance, a Marvel Expansion probably wouldn't go past:

Iron Man
Capt America
Hulk
Thor
Spider man
X-Men

So even of you add a villain for each othe them, and include a handful of X-men, you're probably only looking at no more than 15 Marvel characters, and probably the same with Star Wars:

Darth Vader
Yoda
Luke
Leia
Han Solo
Chewbacca
Obi Wan Kenobi
Emperor Palpatine
Stormtrooper
Boba Fett
Plus a few characters from the prequel trilogy.

Again, probably not more than 15 characters initially. Of course there are plenty of other characters in both franchises that could be used eventually, but by the time we got around to any of this the Disney and Pixar characters will already be so abundant that outnumbering them would really be out of the question. Either of these properties is at the very least an entire year away from being added. We already know of 20 at launch, and we'll probably be at 30 by the end of he year, with more coming next year. I don't think there's any reason to be worried about other properties outnumbering the Disney and Pixar ones.

Now if we had to CHOOSE one property, I would of course want them to stick with Classic Disney characters, as that's the whole reason I'm so excited about this. But that's the whole point of Infinity - you DON'T have to choose. So I say bring on as many franchises and characters as you possibly can.

rank_100
mdewater

Postby Ashlo122 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:20 pm

If theres spiderman, theres gotta be venom. Venom is amazing.
In star wars, I'd love to be able to play as a droid (the common ones with bad aim, that have a coloured body suit thing to show rank), with a AT-AT mount
Just an unaverage guy in an average existence in a regular world - Me
I'm a bit of an idiot a lot of the time - Me

rank_50
Ashlo122
Main Console: PS4

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Fri May 03, 2013 10:06 pm

Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Ashlo122 » Sat May 04, 2013 6:19 pm

I know right, it would be great providing spiderman didn't web sling the feet
Just an unaverage guy in an average existence in a regular world - Me
I'm a bit of an idiot a lot of the time - Me

rank_50
Ashlo122

Postby Charlee » Wed May 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Do you think that now disney have giving EA the licence to Star Wars games, that it could mean no Star Wars in infinfity? Unelss there are clauses which state expemptions.
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
PSN ID:

Postby Fluggerbutter » Wed May 08, 2013 7:20 pm

I dont believe the EA license was exclusive. But either way, with Star Wars being Disney's property now, they can do whatever they want with it.

rank_100
Fluggerbutter
Main Console: PS3

Postby Modeltrainman » Wed May 08, 2013 8:22 pm

EA has Star Wars exclusively. Hopefully that means none in Infinity.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys