Fourth Monsters U character?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Fourth Monsters U character?

Postby MonkeyDLenny » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:26 pm

rank_250
MonkeyDLenny
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: Fourth Monsters U character?

Postby toops » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:36 pm

rank_deputy_etch
toops
Main Console: PS3

Postby Charlee » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:38 pm

There are no notable female characters in the monsters franchise. Apart from boo, roz and celia Mae.

Spoiler: show
and only roz will appear in monsters university

My only major negative with the monsters franchise is the lack of female characters. But then this is early Pixar.
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Well, Randall is confirmed, and I'm going to guess Art is the next playable character because he's more "monstrous" than TATP... However, I still hold to the theory that each play set will get five! So... I'm going to guess that the last character will be either Mrs. Squibbles or- if she's in the film(which would make sense)- a young Celia. If neither of those, I think Terri and Terry Perri.
Speculation iswearillstopsoon XD
Here are my estimations for each play set.

MONSTERS, U.: Sulley, Mike Wazowski, Randall, Art, Celia

PIRATES: Jack Sparrow, Barbossa, Davy Jones, Joshamee, Tia Dalma

CARS: Lightning McQueen, Holley Shiftwell, Tow Mater, Francesco, Finn McMissle

TOY STORY: Woody, Jessie, Buzz and Bullseye, and Lotso (though the last has many more possibilities)

WRECK-IT RALPH: Ralph, Vanellope, Felix, Calhoun and King Candy

PHINEAS AND FERB(I'm sorry if I get this wrong because I do not actually watch it, though not due to lack of interest): Phineas, Ferb, Perry, Doofenshmirtz, and Candace

I mean, I don't really like it if they're chucking in females for the sake of it, but at least they're trying harder than Skylanders. Out of the 32 in the first game there were only 5 and there were 4 of 16 in Giants. Assuming Tia Dalma, Jessie, and Vanellope are all playable as well as Holley, Mrs Incredible and Violet(who look awesome by the way), Infinity already has 6 which is more than I can probably ever hope to see from a Skylanders game...
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby maxxie03 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:55 pm

In mu there will be 2 new female characters: Dean and Squishy's mom. But i think only Squishy's mom will be in the game as mission gever.

rank_100
maxxie03

Postby Fluggerbutter » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:31 am

I agree that female characters should only be put in if they add something to the gameplay, not just for any reason. But I don't think just because a character is a mission giver that they can't also be a figure. Syndrome is the villain of the Incredibles Playset but he will also be a playable figure. Tia Dalma may or may not be a figure in the game, but I hope she will! I can see Monsters U being a playset with no female characters though.

rank_100
Fluggerbutter

Postby Tangled » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:31 am

I don't really see how any of the individual characters add all that much to the gameplay itself, other than having unique abilities, and personally I only find a few of them to have very unique abilities (due to some being superheroes). I find the female characters in most of Disney's stories more than interesting. I see characters as a way for players to choose the character they would like to play as and journey into their world as them, and I would like to do those things as many of my favorite Disney females.

I'm not trying to argue with you guys, but I just don't agree with the idea that somehow they are holding back on female characters because they can't bring much to the table in comparison to male characters. I think the main reason is just the fact that this game's target audience is young boys. Sorry I hope I don't come off the wrong way!
〆(◡‿◡✿)*:・゚✧

rank_50
Tangled

Postby bleu4ever » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:47 am

I think probably randall and Art
The public is in danger! My evening's in danger! You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good! 'Greater good?' I am your wife! I'm the greatest *good* you are ever gonna get! "

rank_250
bleu4ever
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Postby toops » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:45 am

rank_deputy_etch
toops

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys