Yep there are several ways too.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: [Tutorial] How to use INterior items in the Toy Box

Postby thebaroness89 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:23 pm

Im not using the rooms from the interior for Starks Malibu home. I have zero plans to use any of those rooms. I do like the mining tunnels for a future project but that's about it.

rank_250_ftb_10
thebaroness89
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby digeek1955 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:17 pm

Once I got in a room I was so confused because I couldnt get out then I realized......spark mode duh!
I have a dream. I hope it will come true. -Lava

rank_1250
digeek1955
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby hedgehobbit » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:57 pm

I'm sure this is common knowledge by now but I've got this to work using the door inside My INterior. It saves a step as I just need to pop down the My INterior door and don't have to create a blank INterior.

rank_0
hedgehobbit
PSN ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:08 pm

@hedgehobbit Why did I not think about that! Then when you're done just delete the door!

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby jkhouw1 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:22 pm

Didn't see this thread before. Regarding the interior rooms:

There are ways to open the doors, and you can place things inside. Unfortunately there is a significant problem with using them: when they snap to the editor grid, the floor and walls do NOT line up with existing terrain/decoration etc objects. If you place an interior item inside them (a floor item and a wall item) you can see the problem - the floor item will be sunken into the floor and the wall item, depending on the wall, might be half way through the wall. It then becomes apparent why the sunken floor bug exists on Interiors - because they didn't line the floors up and worked around it.

Aside from that, what can go in the rooms? Interior items obviously (but they might not look right due to above), treehouse stairs, curved staircases, podiums, and a few other things - just try each object (be sure to move it around and not near the doors) and you will see what can go in).

That out of the way, there are several ways to get someone inside the room
*We know locators have no collision area, so challenge makers tied to locators. ( This also means you can put friends/enemies inside via connected generators, just be sure they aren't below the floor.)

*Toybox doors tied to numbered locators - downside is in multiplayer, all the players will go in at the same time.

*Podiums - they don't look terrible, because they are sunken due to the floor problem, so teleport the player in using a podium

*Rail Pieces: see the door connectors? Look familiar? Yup, they snap to rail pieces, and when they do, the door opens.
*Race Track Pieces: See above. So it would seem you could make a nice path right up to a door- but NOOOO - since the floor doesn't line up with terrain, when the pieces snap to the the door, they jump off the edit grid and now won't line up with a road on the terrain.
Note: if you theme a connected rail or race track it may re-lock the door. to get it open again, just move the themed piece away and re-connect it.

You can build around the entire room to hide the exterior - including putting another door or something in front of the door, but its just a little hard to get good seal around the door area since it has a large collision area.

The alignment problem is the biggest issue, and really hinders the ability to decorate the room nicely.

Last point - Obviously no idea what random glitches using an interior room (or any other interior item) will introduce. There are so many glitches in DI, deliberately forcing one into your environment may lead to who knows what. We know interiors get randomly corrupted and end up with sunken items (even though they claim to have patched that, it still happens to me from time to time). We know sharing to community content/cloud can introduce bugs. We know toybox doors are buggy - especially in game mode. Add these items in and ... well just hold on you your hats people...

rank_100_ftb
jkhouw1

Postby digeek1955 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:27 am

Rails!? Im going to try it!
I have a dream. I hope it will come true. -Lava

rank_1250
digeek1955
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mozenrath1 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:51 am

I've already reworked my agents of shield plane using all the interior stuff. God it's so wonderful to have real working tech, not to mention normal sized furnishings instead of land of the Giants furniture made out of blocks. I have many,many more boxes to update. David and Deigo deserve a huge reward for finding this glitch. All hail the Dadi Twins!
"Why am I not surprised" - Iago from Alladdin

rank_250
Mozenrath1
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity walkthroughs and how to guides