Toy Box Hub Unlock Guide - WIP

PLEASE contact Sheriff Woody before starting topics in this section

Toy Box Hub Unlock Guide - WIP

Postby Befo » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Toy Box Hub Unlock Guide

Hey everyone! I have been looking around this site and others for a detailed guide of everything that can be unlocked in the Toy Box Hub for 3.0. I have seen a lot of info, but it's all pretty scattered among various threads, so I thought I would compile what I've found here. As other community members add their input, I'll try to keep the main post updated. This guide is currently a work in progress (WIP).

WARNING: This guide may contain spoilers regarding certain events that happen in the Toy Box Hub. Some players may prefer to avoid this guide in order to experience the natural progression of unlocking cool stuff by playing around in the Hub. Read at your own risk. (In the future, I will attempt to add spoiler tags as the guide evolves, where appropriate.)

Central Hub
Upon first entering the Toy Box Hub, this is the only area that is unlocked. There are several hosts surrounding the Hub. Talking to each of these hosts unlocks their corresponding area. In the center of the Hub is the portal for creating your own Toy Boxes.

Main Street and Cinderella's Castle
Base Host
- The Base Host is the Genie from Alladin
- Genie unlocks the Logic Portal and the Hall of Heroes portals via dialog

Infinity Base
- An ingame mock-up of the Disney Infinity Base, surrounded by platforms for DI 3.0's Play Set and Toy Box Game representations and descriptions
- While all descriptions are unlocked at each platform, the representation of the actual piece will not be present until the real life piece is placed on the real life base

Skychanger
- a Skychanger toy is located right behind the Infinity Base, allowing you to alter the skydome and ambient music of the Hub

Building and Logic Portal
- You can access the following Logic Builder tutorial missions from the Logic Portal:
- Droid in Distress
- Heightened Sense of Adventure
- Tricky Terrain Race
- Itty-Bitty City
- Power Puzzles
- Castle of Music, Magic and Mischief
- Logic Mountain Quest
- Pieced Together

Hall of Heroes Portals
- Hall of Heroes
- Hall of Super Heroes
- Hall of Galactic Heroes

Flynn's Arcade
- Once opened, you can enter Flynn's Arcade and play online with other DI players from around the world via a queue system in the following Toy Boxes:
- Will update list once I get ingame

El Capitan Theater
- The El Capitan Host is Jiminy Cricket
- Once opened, you can enter the El Capitan Theater to watch Toy Box TV, Tips and Tricks videos, or play the week's featured Toy Box

Toy Store Host
- The Toy Store Host is Scrooge McDuck
- He will periodically award blue sparks via dialog options

Cinderella's Castle

- About halfway up on the back side of Cinderella's Castle, there is a Boost Pack spawn point

Merlin's Tower
- located next to the castle
- unlocked by completing the Toy Box Takeover Expansion Game

Character Parades
- characters and floats will appear at the front of Cinderella's Castle and parade down Main Street
- their pathing can be affected by attacks from enemies from Halloween Town
- unlock currently unknown

Fireworks
- upon completing a feat or collecting a Surprise Gift Box in the Toy Box Hub, a fireworks show triggers at Cinderella's Castle

Partner's Statue
- appears in front of Cinderella's Castle
- unlocked via the Magic Band

DunBroch Castle and Ewok Village (Platforming)
Exploration Adventure Host
- The Exploration Adventure host is Mulan
- In addition to opening up the platforming area, Mulan has a few tutorial missions regarding jumping that are worth checking out.

DunBroch Castle
- A fun DunBroch-style castle with a platforming tutorial
- Connects to the Ewok Villiage via a rail slide (PS4 and XBox One only)
- The stable inside the castle and the top of the Northeast tower of the castle are two possible spawn points for Surprise Gift Boxes

Exploration Adventure Portal
- The Exploration Adventure Portal will appear after completing Mulan's initial DunBroch mission
- There are several platforming missions available from the Exploration Adventure Portal:
- Phineas and Ferb's Platform Palooza (collect gnomes before time runs out)
- The Amusement Box (visit a Gravity Falls-inspired Amusement Park with 5 different rides)
- Hades' Lava Run (run and jump as fast as you can before the Death Cloud gets you)
- Toy Box Crossing (a Frogger-style Toy Box)
- Hero's Ascension
- Completing all of the Exploration Adventure Portal missions gives you the Exploration Adventure Portal feat.

Hover Board Generator
- a Hover Board spawn point appears near the Hub
- I think this one is unlocked by completing Mulan's tutorial jumps

Ewok Village
- only available on PS4 and X-Box One, due to memory limitations
- located to the northeast of the Hub, in the area between the DunBroch Castle and Cinderella's Castle
- unlocked during the Platforming Tutorial mission by reaching the top of DunBroch Castle
- at some point, AT-STs unlock around the base of the Ewok Village (possibly after the Ewok Village Attack event)
- a Jetpack spawns near the top of the most Southwestern tree-bridge
- I have not seen any Surprise Gift Boxes or the Cheshire Cat Hide-n-Seek spawn in the Ewok Village. This may be due to the fact that the Ewok Village isn't available for all systems.

Mickey's Farm (Sidekick/Farming)
Sidekick Host
- Jessie? I forget on this one, will verify when I get into game
- After initially speaking with the Sidekick Host, they will enter the Sidekick Portal and not return to the Hub.

Sidekick Portal
- These are the Farming and Sidekick tutorial missions available in from the Sidekick Portal:
- Sidekick Square One (this mission rewards your fist three Sidekicks)
- Plotting for Plants (this is the Farming tutorial, you can purchase extra farm lots for 5000 each)
- Marvelously Designed (this is the Sidekick creator and customizer tutorial)
- Amazing Treasure Hunt (this is a set of 3 mazes with chests that award Sidekick gear...this is your prime source for Sidekick gear outside of Toy Box Takeover)

Sidekick Menu Button Toy
- After the area first opens, there is a Sidekick Menu Button Toy that appears next to the Sidekick Portal
- This Toy disappears once access to the Sidekick Menu from the pause screen is unlocked

Barn
- While the barn is there as soon as the area forms for the first time, I list it here as it is a possible spawn area for Surprise Gift Boxes and the Cheshire Cat hide-and-seek

Farming Plots
- Three regular Farming Plots appear behind the Farming Portal

Super Farm Plots
- Three Super Grow Farm Plots appear near the edge of the Farm area after they are unlocked in the Toy Box or Plotting for Plants (by using a watering can)

Lake and Water Wheel
- A lake and a water wheel are added to the Farm Area
- This is a spawn area for Surprise Gift Boxes

MyINterior Area
MyINterior Host
- The MyINterior Host is Cogsworth
- After you fist speak with him, he will enter the MyINterior Portal and not return to the Hub. His missions can then be done in MyInterior.

MyINterior Portal
- A door to MyINterior set into a modest home

This area probably has the most stuff I've seen added in any single area. I am unsure as what unlocks due to what, as I did most of the MyINterior quests in a single sitting and noticed the changes when I exited. Here is a list of the new stuff that was added:

House Improvements
- House adds stairs, covered porch and additional improvements

Clock Tower
- located next to your house

Picnic Blanket
- located next to the main Hub

Rope Swing
- located in your yard, in front of the pool
- townspeople will often swing on the Rope Swing

Pond
- located next to the Rope Swing
- townspeople will often fish in the pond

Well
- located next to the main Hub

Swimming Pool
- located in your yard, in front of the Clock Tower
- townspeople will often swim in the pool

Mountain Range
- located behind your house across the race track
- Incredibles Glide Pack spawns on top of the Mountain peak
- possible spawn point for Surprise Gift Boxes

Mountain Bridge
- an arch bridge connecting your yard to the Mountain Range, over the race track
- possible spawn area for Surprise Gift Boxes

Rapunzel's Tower
- in the area behind your yard, across the racetrack on the Farm Area side of the Mountain Range
- possible spawn area for Surprise Gift Boxes

Tatooine Area (Racing)
This area contains all of the racing and vehicle related content.

Racing Host
- The racing host is Luigi from Cars
- Luigi will teach you how to use the various vehicles in the game
- By asking to learn how to use a specific vehicle, Luigi will spawn it for you to try out. The vehicle will remain in the Hub for the rest of your session.

Racing Portal
- The Racing Portal gives you access to the following Toy Box Races:
- Will update this once I get into game

Race Track
- A race track starting gate is located on the western edge of the Tatooine Area
- This race can be started with any ground vehicle spawned, or by using a Speeder Bike when the race is started via dialog with Luigi
- The race track travels through all five main "lands" of the Toy Box Hub

Race Track Improvements
- When you complete the race (1st place) or quests in the racing portal, several new items will start to appear on the race track:
- boost pads
- ramps
- rings of fire

Stunt Pool
- A Stunt Pool is located in the center of the Tatooine Area
- Initially, a Stunt Buggy is located in the pool (this later disappeared after using it the first time - possible bug)

Monster Truck Panel
- A Monster Truck Panel appears near the front of the Tatooine area, allowing you to add Monster Truck Tires to any ground vehicle available in the Hub

X-Wing Generator
- Near Luigi, there is a Trigger Pad that summons an X-Wing Starfighter to fly around the Hub

Banthas
- An adult Bantha for riding is located near the Stunt Pool
- A baby Bantha follows the Adult around, but cannot be ridden

Tusken Village
- A Tusken Raider village is located on the western edge of the Tatooine area
- It contains four Tusken Raider tents (which can be entered) and a Krayt Dragon Skeleton
- This is another possible spawn point for Surprise Gift boxes

Jabba's Palace
- When you finish Twilight of the Republic, Jabba's Palace appears in the Tatooine area
- This has not been confirmed by the author of this guide yet, but I have read it from enough sources I find it credible

Halloween Town (Combat)
Combat Host
- The Combat Host is Phil from Hercules
- He grants access to the Combat Portal
- He also triggers the Star Destroyer and Ewok Village Attack special events

Skill Tree Kiosk
- At the entrance to Halloween Town, there is a Skill Tree kiosk

Combat Portal
- From the Combat Portal, you can access the following tutorial Combat missions:
- Will update when I get ingame

Enemies
- Various enemies will spawn in Halloween Town for you to fight
- So far, I have seen DunBroch Wooden Bears, Lone Ranger Bandits, Flying Dutchman Pirates, Agrabah Guards, Rhino Guards, Fear Tech Students, Frost Giants, Sakaarans, Symbiotes, Omnidroids and Zurgbots. I have not seen any 3.0 specific enemies such as Broccoli, Stormtroopers or Battle Droids in Halloween Town (yet).
- These enemies will not always stay in the Halloween town area, and can often be found pursing NPCs, Hosts, Sidekicks and Parades around the map.

Jack Skellington's House
- Upon completing certain Combat Portal quests, Jack's house appears in the far Northwest corner of the map, connected to Halloween Town by a bridge
- A Jetpack toy spawns next to Jack's house
- Jack's House is a spawn point for Surprise Gift boxes

Hero Destroyer Death Cloud
- At some point, the Death Cloud from the Hero Destroyer appears in Halloween Town in the Northwest corner. If you approach to close to it, it will chase you around similar to how the cloud functions in the Hero Destroyer.

Other Stuff
Sidekicks
- Several sidekicks are unlocked via Surprise Gift Boxes in the Toy Box Hub. Others may be unlocked by completing a certain event, feat or unlock in the Hub. I'll list all of the unlockable Hub sidekicks when I get in the game, with info on how they are unlocked if possible.
- In addition to a sidekick for helping battle enemies, you can summon other sidekicks to work the plots in the farming area. I have not tested the limit, but I assume it's the same limit as all other toy Boxes (around 10 or so).
- The following sidekicks can be unlocked in the Hub:
- Jasmine
- Sultan
- Oaken
- Phil
- Hades
- Mr. Toad
- Animal
- Fozzie Bear
- Ferb
- Phineas
- Candace
- Evil Queen
- Robin Hood (through Sidekick Portal mission - Sidekick Square One)
- Fix-It Felix, Jr. (through Sidekick Portal mission - Sidekick Square One)
- Mabel (through Sidekick Portal mission - Sidekick Square One)

Inside Out Island
- After completing the Inside Out Play Set, a small island appears off the edge of Farming Area containing some of the unique toys from Inside Out
- This has not yet been confirmed by the author of this guide, though I have seen it in a video (will link when I find it)

Carl Fredricksen's House
- At some point, Carl Fredricksen's House appears floating in the sky above the Hub.
- While I remember seeing this happen on my PS3 version of the Hub, I haven't yet unlocked in for the PS4 version, and I don't remember how I unlocked it.

Author's Note
There are many other bits and pieces of information out there regarding other things in the Hub, and I will do my best to add any confirmed data to this guide as I come across it. Some parts of this guide are currently incomplete, such as the specific missions available at each Portal and the games in Flynn's Arcade. I'll update this information as soon as I have some time to get into game and verify what the correct names are. As stated above, this guide is a Work-In-Progress (WIP), and I will do my best to update it as more information from the community is added. Moderators: Feel free to merge any relevant threads or posts into this one and I'll update the main guide as the information rolls in. Thanks.
/befo

rank_50
Befo
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Return to Disney Infinity walkthroughs and how to guides