Toy Box Tutorial Videos

PLEASE contact Sheriff Woody before starting topics in this section

Re: PhysicsBlocks Video

Postby axonometri » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:41 pm

I just thought of something. In other videos one can clearly see that placing set pieces, the region is limited to dimensional blocks. It is very very likely that the memory bar is showing the amount of available memory for the area in which he is building in. Each larger land piece, for example, might have an allocated level of memory. Which would help keep the over all overhead in check.

rank_50
axonometri
Main Console: PS3

Postby Infinityfan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:42 pm

^I agree!

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby axonometri » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:59 pm

Well, I watched again.. the house he builds is overlapping two bigger land pieces. And in the beginning you can see where the spark editor rolls over one land piece to another and the memory meter doesn't flinch. It's going to take some more studying other videos for me to figure out how they are handling memory allocation. I am back to being a bit concerned with low memory level for custom building. Until I see something more relieving.

rank_50
axonometri

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:23 pm

I think this is an earlier build. Look at Woody's picture when it announces he is playing as a guest.
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby AncientRomeBC » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:38 pm

rank_50
AncientRomeBC
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Postby RapturePanic » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:41 pm

The more stuff they show, the more possibilities fill my head. I was immediately concerned as well by the meter filling up so fast. It is strange, but if you watch other toy box videos people have way more stuff placed than this; there is even one video where someone is building some sort of obstacle course and mentions chaining hundreds of items together. Perhaps the meter is proximity based?

rank_100
RapturePanic
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby axonometri » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:46 pm

rank_50
axonometri

Postby SeaNet » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:04 pm

Maybe there is a limitation per base block? It starts out basically 5 percent, and as he fills us that general area, the meter goes to sound 75. Or maybe the immediate area, or the volume inside the box.. Worlds have seemed to have MUCH more than a small doll house.
Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time. -Walt Disney

rank_50
SeaNet
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby axonometri » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:08 pm

OK... more deciphered info.
In the D23 Toy Box demo... you can see the memory meter jumping around in level of use as they are moving the spark and pieces about while they build. There is most certainly some sort of sub memory system happening. The Disneyland DLC at launch they showed simply is far too big for us to not have a large chunk of available memory for building. I can't wait to see how this is being done, but I rest assured that there will be plenty of memory to build decent games/levels what have you.

rank_50
axonometri

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity walkthroughs and how to guides