Disney Infinity 1.0 and 2.0 Official Compatibility Chart

PLEASE contact Sheriff Woody before starting topics in this section

Re: Disney Infinity 1.0 and 2.0 Official Compatibility Chart

Postby megadrive2 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:16 am

^ From what I understand the download is titled Disney Infinity 2.0 Toybox purely to avoid any confusion for customers that might think they get a digital version of the figures and playsets (similar to the PC version) had it been titled the same as the starter pack. I'm thinking the download will essentially be the game disc, but obviously you would need to buy the Avengers playset pack separately (which will probably include 2 pyramid discs, avengers playset piece, Black Widow, Thor and Iron Man). I doubt very much that they would release a download version that is Toybox only. That would be pointless and confuse and annoy a lot of customers.

I'm beginning to understand why Activision market a new Portal every year now ;)

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Gorki247 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:34 am

megadrive2 is correct. The download will be the full game but you will only have access to the toybox. As normal, you'll need the 2.0 playset pieces to unlock those sections in the game. To play your 1.0 playsets, you'll need to load up the old game.

They will release an Avengers playset (at a later date, when the downloadable version is available), but it will only include two characters; Iron Man and Black Widow, if I remember correctly. Thor will be released as a stand alone character as well. Not sure if the play set will include the pyramid discs.

rank_100
Gorki247
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby ShakaDaSky » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:59 am

@megadrive2 & Gokri247: That makes even better sense. lol. However, then name still confuses people. If it is the whole game. which I suspect it is (like the PC), they should have kept the name "toybox" out of it and just called it a 2.0 download from the beginning and liken it to the PC version. I was thinking it was more like the iPad version.
I sense a disturbance in the Force ... false alarm, just the Big Mac I ate

rank_100
ShakaDaSky
NN ID:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:45 am

i also can see why Skylanders have a "tag line" and make a little adjustment to their portals, makes the whole process much similar... while disney is trying to please everyone, it might become a little too confusing.... which is why they are just pushing "MARVEL" at the moment, trying not to muddy the waters with digital and disney originals info....

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby cobrawars » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:17 pm

I thought they had changed it and made it so you could still play the old play sets? Not that I'd get rid of DI1 disk, it would just be nice.

rank_50
cobrawars
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby ntnon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:07 pm

If it's the whole game, isn't the best bet to pass up buying the new disc and therefore have DI and 2.0 together? I'll happily trade better pictures and bigger boxes for being able to play every playset with disc or console switching..

And, yes, these confusions over name and compatibility are precisely why I assumed it'd be marketed as a new game: Marvel Infinity. Because it IS a new game. It's not part 2, because it doesn't sit side-by-side and enhance the original, it just (thus far) allows some parts of the old to be used in the new.

rank_500
ntnon

Postby megadrive2 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:18 pm

The PC version is a couch potatoes dream, no disc swapping, figure and power disc changes at the press of a couple of buttons :)

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2

Postby ntnon » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:13 pm

rank_500
ntnon

Postby cobrawars » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:40 pm

Yeah that's what I thought they had said too at the announcement, that everything will be forward compatible. I'd love to not have to break out the old disk when I feel like sailing the high seas.

rank_50
cobrawars
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity walkthroughs and how to guides