Postby DisneyMania » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:41 am

Great Video - thanks for sharing!

rank_500
DisneyMania
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Re: Many types of NPCs in Toy Box

Postby SalmonPink » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:23 am

Bwahaha, all that and she hit the edge! Bless! That's pretty much exactly what I would end up doing too, precision isn't really a gift of mine.

Great view of the Wreck It Ralph skydome, and yessssss to the NPCs. That's something I've desperately wanted, to be able to have the actual characters wander around, not just the blockheads dressed like the characters. And they really are wandering, not just standing there statically waiting for interaction. Great news, thanks for sharing!

I wonder if it's just the NPCs from the playsets, or if you can have NPC versions of playable characters wandering if you also have that figure...

rank_250
SalmonPink
Main Console: PS3

Postby DisneyMania » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:18 am

Here is also a picture posted on the Disney Infinity facebook page that show NPC's in the toy box as well :) :

rank_500
DisneyMania
XBL ID:

Postby SalmonPink » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:42 am

^ Good point about that screenshot! I'd seen that one before (so many different films represented, I'm so excited) but I was a bit worried about the way the NPCs are just standing there. I'm guessing that maybe we can set specific behaviours with them, the same way we can with the logic toys. So in the screenshot above, they're set to stand still, so they can be moved like chess pieces. But in the video at the start of this thread, Art is wondering around as he pleases. So that seems like at least two possible behaviours. And I know I've seen an enemy-spawner toy in a video, that releases enemies that attack the player if they enter a certain territory, so maybe enemy (or even friendly) NPCs have an attack mode behaviour that can be triggered at any time, for random mass brawls. Either way, I know I'm populating my Toy Boxes with as many NPCs as possible, I love the idea of having as much 'life' in there as possible!

rank_250
SalmonPink

Postby yoshidrone100 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:01 pm

I'm going to populate my Toy Box with NPCs as well! Those blockheads are kinda bland... but at least I found this out so I don't have to worry about them at all! :D
Aladdin of the Caribbean in Wonderland! Wait, what?

rank_50
yoshidrone100
Main Console: Wii U

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:24 pm

I'm loving all the NPCs in the game, and how you can control them like other toys.
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
PSN ID:

Postby maxxie03 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:38 pm

Awesome find! I will create the Disney castle with Tangled guards, and i will try to steal something and nowbody can stop me!

rank_100
maxxie03

Postby SandyClaws » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:57 pm

^Salmon it's funny, how many of us on here saw the Chess pic and didn't make the NPC connection. At least one more :-)
Please subscribe to us on iTunes or Stitcher Radio, and Youtube

Disney Infinity TV

Chatter
SandyClaws

Postby SalmonPink » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:35 pm

@yoshidrone100
The blockhead characters were a cute part of Toy Story 3 and I especially enjoyed dressing them up as Pixar characters, but having recognisable NPCs like Tia Dalma walking aorund my Toy Box is gonna fill me with glee! :D

@SandyClaws
I think at this point we're all so hyped about the game that we're too busy geeking out at every new scrap tossed our way that we can't see properly through the excitement! :lol:

I wonder if the mounts that are actually characters (like Maximus as opposed to Mike's car) do anything when they're not being ridden, whether they just stand there or if they fidget on the spot or move around on their own.

rank_250
SalmonPink

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events