The Official Adult Lounge: SHERIFF APPROVED

The Official Adult Lounge: SHERIFF APPROVED

Postby Nivla23 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:28 am

SHERIFF: this lounge is open to anyone who is a legal adult in their country of residence. to avoid being closed down content in the adult lounge must remain family friendly

Seeing how we have the kiddies playground for 16 and under, it's only fitting to have a 21 an over lounge to discuss the true meanings of being an adult! Lets discuss not only our gaming life but what else you do on your days off and anything else interesting or not interesting.

Starting off, Being in the entertainment/hospitality industry tending bar, my weekends are shot. I look forward to my days off on mon-wed an appreciate going to any and all happy hours. Getting off at 3am is definitely not fun but that's when I can get some good gaming time in. Not a family man, and i love to simply enjoy a pint of Guinness or Jameson and ginger when I can.

rank_50
Nivla23
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Re: The UnOfficial - I'm 21 and over Lounge

Postby FROZOFAN » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:09 am

Sheriff dont shut it down! This is a great idea! My first questions to my peers is this...how in the heck are you guys paying for all the game stuff while dealing with adult responsibilities (bills, loved ones,etc...)? I look on the forums and see many people talking about getting every figure and I just can't see how it's logistically possible, (not to mention how do you explain it to family/significant other).

rank_250
FROZOFAN
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Nivla23 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:49 am

Hi frozone - great question! And it's funny how you bring that point up about many members getting every character. My first thought would be either they save allowance really well or their parents really love them!

As an adult it is an expensive game and after some point you have to balance mortgage, credit card bills, school loans, insurance, auto payment, phone bill.... List goes on and on

Point being I would love to be a worry free child again 8-)

Unfortunately for me I can only budget the starter set for now since I made plans to attend D23 :twisted:

rank_50
Nivla23
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby axltk421 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:07 pm

The advantage of being over 40 and being in gainful employment means I'm lucky enough to be able to spend a few dollars on toys... and I have an understanding wife who also works and spends her money on her stuff - and I have a young son who provides me with a perfect excuse to buy said toys!
The disadvantage of being over 40 is that I do have to work and so don't have as much time to play with my toys! Although, it is my Birthday on the 21st, so I have a handy excuse for taking the 21st, 22nd and 23rd off - with the weekend, that gives me four straight Disney Infinity days!

I am a little bit concerned though that, even compared to Skylanders and Giants (I do have every figure plus many limited), that, as the name suggests, the scope for characters and playsets is, well, Infinite. Sadly, I don't have infinite funds hahaha

I'm also fighting with the urge to have to buy all the limited and chaser figures (currently working out how I can get hold of one of the D23 figures - even though we don't currently know what it is yet... which is probably a bit concerning really).

Why couldn't my hobby be knitting or something instead of gaming and Disney!?! Lol.
Remember, this all started with a Mouse.

rank_100
axltk421
Main Console: PS4

Postby axltk421 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:48 pm

PirateSteven,
Now that's awesome and yet another reason why I should be living in America!
The concept of free rewards program's doesn't exist in Australia - and unfortunately, prices over here are always more than the USA ($84 for the starter packs and $17.95 for the individual characters for example).
You sound like you have it sorted.

Though, in answer to your question, I live 6 hours south of Bundeberg... One of the largest Rum producers on the face of the planet! The rum is definitely not gone!
Cheers!
Remember, this all started with a Mouse.

rank_100
axltk421

Postby SandyClaws » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:11 pm

Excellent question. Responsibilities, like money, gets more difficult with age. I'm 30 and have been an avid gamer and Disney fan all of my life. DI was the perfect pairing for me. My fiancee understands and supports my interest, regardless of how "silly" they are. I budget $60ish/month for video game related expenses. My solution even though I'm not planning on buying everything, although that may change, was to save this monthly allowance since the announcement. This has given me ample opportunity to save the funds needed. It didn't hurt that I recently had a birthday and got some unexpected money for that.
Please subscribe to us on iTunes or Stitcher Radio, and Youtube

Disney Infinity TV

Chatter
SandyClaws

Postby monochrom » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:18 pm

@axltk421 ... So this would be my answer then. Glad that somebody else already did this for me. Except the limited figures and the knitting, that is. Don't really want either.

rank_50
monochrom
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: The Official Adult Lounge: SHERIFF APPROVED

Postby Sheriff Woody » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:23 pm

The Official Adult Lounge is under new management and be watched closely

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: The Official Adult Lounge: SHERIFF APPROVED

Postby Agent C » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:24 am

This maybe the adult lounge, but I refuse to act like one. My wife tells me that all of the time. I am feeling old now though. I have had to go to playing my video games in a chair instead of sitting crossed legs on the floor.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Next

Return to the Mad Hatter's tea party