Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box beta gameplay

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box beta gameplay

Postby Sheriff Woody » Fri May 22, 2015 11:33 am

i was very fortunate to be invited to the european press briefing for Disney Infinity 3.0 yesterday. several items are under embargo until next week (big thank you to Disney pr for arranging this for me). i was told this morning by Disney pr that toy box content was ok to show and discuss before then.

if you have any questions relating to toy box content please ask and i will answer what i can, if i was told.

the video below is a beta preview of the Halloween Town Highway Nightmare Before Christmas toy box speedway track with developer commentary. recorded at the Disney Infinity 3.0 london press briefing on 21 may 2015.

the person racing, not me i hasten to add, decided to try the 250cc version first without learning the track. when it was my turn, which isn't recorded because i don't have four hands, i used the 50cc version and found the handling to be a massively improved compared to Disney Infinity 1.0 and 2.0. Sumo Digital and all other teams involved can be very proud of what they have achieved.

Races listed in the demo were ...

Agrabah Raceway, Aladin
Arandelle Racing Rink, Frozen
Dunes of Tatooine, Star Wars
Gravity Falls Mystery Tour, Gravity Falls
Halloween Town Highway, Nightmare Before Christmas
Monster Mayhem, Monsters Inc
Road to Knowhere, Guardians of the Galaxy
San Fransokyo Circuit, Big Hero 6
Sugar Rush Raceway, Wreck-It Ralph

a beta preview of the Disney Infinity 3.0 toy box hub including Star Wars Ewok Village with developer commentary. recorded at the Disney Infinity 3.0 london press briefing on 21 may 2015.

a beta preview of the Disney Infinity 3.0 empty toy box with Star Wars pieces with developer commentary. recorded at the Disney Infinity 3.0 london press briefing on 21 may 2015.

a beta preview of the Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Takeover expansion game pirates section with developer commentary. recorded at the Disney Infinity 3.0 london press briefing on 21 may 2015.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box beta gameplay

Postby Cellsai » Fri May 22, 2015 11:43 am

Wow, congrats, Sheriff! Really neat opportunity :)

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby MightyGitis » Fri May 22, 2015 11:52 am

RETWEETED. Congrats Sheriff! Hope the gameplay all ran well.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Fri May 22, 2015 11:53 am

all play sets and toy box items shown were very smooth Lauren and no crashes. for a beta everything was seriously impressive.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Fri May 22, 2015 11:54 am

@Sheriff Woody you just made my day.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Cellsai » Fri May 22, 2015 11:56 am

Oh right. Questions.

What platform was the beta running on?

Did you notice any difference in the Toy Boxes capacity before slowdown hits, or improvements to load times in general?

Has the filtering system for finding items you want to place been changed any? I imagine it's getting a bit ludicrous with the variety of objects you can choose from now.

They keep mentioning that most of those Speedway tracks are made entirely in the Toy Box. What kind of stuff is not possible to be made? As in, what Game Expansion Disc specific stuff was made especially for the the racing GED that cannot be replicated in the Toy Box? I know that's veering pretty sharply into not talking about the Toy Box, so no worries if you can't answer.

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby Dexter26 » Fri May 22, 2015 11:59 am

I thought I heard earlier that we were only getting 6 tracks in the Speedway game. It's great to see that there will be 9 tracks to race on. I'm loving the list of the different themed tracks as well. Thanks for the video and info Sheriff!
Everyone can relax...Dexter has returned!!
Twitter: @Crone26

rank_250
Dexter26

Postby Sheriff Woody » Fri May 22, 2015 12:02 pm

the event was split between several rooms and all gameplay was on PS4

i saw no toy boxes being built or ready built so cannot comment on size or load time.

improved toy box filtering was not shown but as this was a beta lots of content was still missing anyway.

Sumo said that everything seen in the video above should be available in the toy box. the main thing they added for the actual expansion game was lighting effects.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BenFleischman » Fri May 22, 2015 12:36 pm

I wonder if we'll actually be able to add the changes in elevation and slopes the way they did because I know, as it stands, there are no pieces of terrain wall that can fit along a hill slope. Also, lots of intersection would be going on if someone tried to build one of these races... I kind of doubt these additions/changes were actually made in 3.0 toy box... especially the smooth curving half-pipe tracks such as in the gumball field in Sugar Rush or the caves in Arendelle Racing Rink. Although, I did see curving masses in the Toy Box set pieces in Andy Robertson's video. Maybe Sumo's tracks will be split up into pieces for us to build with.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
PSN ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys