To Open or Not to Open

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

To Open or Not to Open

Postby SirPuttsAlot » Sun May 17, 2015 11:38 am

With all the silly sales going on lately, I grabbed a bunch of Disney Infinity Characters and Playsets lately. I was able to snatch up a 1.0 Sidekicks and Villians 3 pack during the Toys R Us By One, Get One sale a few weeks ago, as well as a bunch of other characters like Violet, Francesco, Vanellope, etc. I only purchased them b/c they were on sale, but my daughter really doesn't have a lot of interest in any of them except of Vanellope and Violet.

In looking for other figures on Amazon and eBay it seems they these are considered hard to find items and are selling for over triple what I paid, who knew? So my question is, since you can play them right through the package, would you keep them all packaged up or just open them up and use them like the toys that they are.

rank_0
SirPuttsAlot
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: To Open or Not to Open

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun May 17, 2015 1:35 pm

the only ones in our collection that remain sealed are either signed or factory defects. all others are opened to be played with.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Paradox » Sun May 17, 2015 1:42 pm

I'd open them and use them. While hard to find now there were simply so many made and so many still out there if one looks around I don't see them having some huge "OMG I can retire early" value down the road...

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby Elmo STM » Sun May 17, 2015 4:19 pm

Up to yourself, I opened all mine and dont even slightly regret it, there for display

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:19 pm

I have a full set sealed and duplicates of most opened, but I have problems :). For anyone with an ounce of sanity I say open them. They are unlikely to ever increase significantly in value as so many figures were produced and Disney have said they will keep producing the older figures further down the line, (the 1.0 playset figures have already been re-released as singles), But obviously is all down to personal preference.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby shiftyraccoon » Sun May 17, 2015 9:32 pm

Open all the way!

rank_750_ftb
shiftyraccoon

Postby SirPuttsAlot » Sun May 17, 2015 9:32 pm

Megadrive, I just looked at your link in your signature, and I concur, you do have issues :)

It had less to do with looking at the hard to find sets as a collectors item/Babe Ruth baseball card, as much as I purchased them b/c they were so cheap, but since my daughter didn't seem overly interested in them, they most likely will not get played with much, if at all, but who knows. I was thinking it would make selling them down the road easier. I just didn't want ton's of these unused little figures littering up my media room. So if I leave them in the box, I can toss them in a box, and if my daughter wants to play with one, I can just toss the box on the little pad thing.

I'm just over thinking this, if she wants to finally play one, she can just take it out then. My wife will have to get another basket to store them in or something when not in use.

Thanks for the input.

rank_0
SirPuttsAlot
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Maserati777 » Mon May 25, 2015 6:15 am

I don't know if leaving them in the box will keep their price up as opposed to opening. I think you'll get the same amount out of them opened or not. Of course leaving them in the package will keep them dust free. Since they can be used then erased to factory settings just by putting them on a new base they wouldn't be used persay.

In think opening them makes them more fun to use personally. Of course they can break easily outside the package and that would definitely lower the price.

I know Violet had some issues with her head popping off after opening so there's that issue.

If you do open them and then put them away for a few months then decide to sell them I'd suggest putting them in zip loc bags because they get dusty really easily.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions