New Console?

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

New Console?

Postby TikiGamer » Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 pm

So, quick question. I've been playing DI on my ageing xbox 360 (version 1.0 and 2.0) and looked a little at the ipad version, but that even with a joypad doesn't have the same feel.
Looking at the news pictures for 3.0 and how nice the graphics are I'm seriously thinking of getting a new console. Which would you guys chose? PS4 or XboxOne? and why?

Also do you think they will do a tie in with either Sony of Microsoft? (any rumours?)

Lastly - what are the odds of getting a customised console for DI like they do for other big games? I mean we've seen a controller, headphones and such already.

rank_50
TikiGamer
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: New Console?

Postby Sheriff Woody » Mon May 25, 2015 6:25 pm

PS4 ... the press demos last week all used a PS4 ... PS4 is the most powerful console ... guess i may as well lock the topic now :D :twisted:

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Goofyboy » Mon May 25, 2015 7:51 pm

I think the choice between the PS4 and XOne is mainly about the exclusives. Have a look at both console's exclusive titles and see which one you'd like best.

Another thing to think of is what you have on your Microsoft store account. For example, Rock Band song dlc on X360 will all be redownloadable on Rock Band 4 for XOne so that was my own reason for getting the XOne over the PS4.

At this point, I'm not sure that I can see a big difference in performance unless I look at all of them side by side. Even the Wii U is up there with very good graphics and very nice games. Infinity's toy box on Wii U is mostly limited by the low RAM. The choice is mainly about the other games you think you'll be playing.

rank_250
Goofyboy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Mon May 25, 2015 10:00 pm

I've an Xbox one but agree with sheriff that ps4 is indeed the more powerful but with di they seem to run the same.

I'd say look at which exclusives you prefer and which controller you prefer and make a decision based on that.

Although there is the cronusmax that means you could use any controller on any console if you wanted though lol

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Calysto » Mon May 25, 2015 10:28 pm

^ @Sheriff Woody ... Disney Infinity probably is more CPU than GPU dependent, in that case it should run better on the Xbox One as it has a better cpu... :D

But follow what everyone says. Look at the exclusives you want to play.

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

New Console?

Postby wherestron » Tue May 26, 2015 3:15 am

Unlikely you'll care once you decide. Both are excellent. In fact, I'm considering a PS4 (I'm on Xbox 360/ONE) if Morpheus and No Mans Sky live up to the hype.
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Tue May 26, 2015 2:55 pm

@wherestron I'll be doing the same but for different games in a year or 2

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby TikiGamer » Tue May 26, 2015 8:21 pm

Well - thanks for the all the comments.
I don't have any other games I want to play on a Next Gen Console - I am more a PC Gamer (though on a Mac). I'll have to weight it up wether it is worth upgrading just for DI and what platform to go to.

rank_50
TikiGamer
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Tue May 26, 2015 8:24 pm

I upgraded for di and don't regret it, however why not use the free PC version and buy a console controller for controls?

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions