what forum competitions and giveaways would you like?

Re: what forum competitions and giveaways would you like?

Postby Infinity Guru » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:29 pm

I feel that the best give-away prize wise was the one that happened last summer (this one). This contest is actually what made me join the forums! I feel it was a great contest because the winner got a bulk of items (and most of them were exclusive, since 2.0 wasn't out yet). The things that drew me to it were the signed base, the T shirt, and the 4 boxed figures from the different events.

My guess is the last contest didn't have many entries because Drax and Yondu are not everyone's favorite characters from Gaurdians, and I personally think that's why the first toy box building contest went over well, because it was a new idea and it had signed figures of Gamora and Star Lord (who doesn't like Chris Pratt!?).

I don't personally like the types of contests where you need to tweet things out (although it's a good idea if you want more people to join the forums), but the posting a comment on YouTube and on here didn't bother me. I feel like more people would enter if you:
a) Give them an ample amount of time to enter (the last June challenge started on June 10th, when it could've started on the 1st?)
b) Have exclusive prizes with good selling figures (Example: Look at this post... If you were to give away a figure, I would make it Darth Vader or Boba instead of Obi Wan... Boba Fett would be a great idea to give away, especially if you hold a contest when he is still exclusive to PlayStation!) (and you already do very well with getting exclusives, which is impressive ;))
c) I guess the last thing is to think of a contest everyone can get involved in. I love building in the toy box, so the last few challenges have gone over well with me, but not everyone is a builder.. Maybe a contest where you need to know facts about Infinity? Just throwing something out there.

P.S. I would've kept the guardians figures in their boxes and displayed them proudly on my shelf ;)
8 Featured Toy Boxes. Toy Box Summit 2015 Attendee.

rank_250_ftb
Infinity Guru
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:36 pm

Don't know if you directed that at me sheriff, if so you read my post wrong or I didn't clarify lmao. I would have give my opened ones away and used these through the packaging and displayed them in the box on my shelf when not in use

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:15 pm

^ nope, not directly at you to the community in general. i'm just trying to find out what people want.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

what forum competitions and giveaways would you like?

Postby Elmo STM » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:53 pm

A signed game informer book ;) anything signed that we don't have would be my personal choice for a prize.

Sent you a pm too

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby FlameChampion267 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:11 pm

There could be a weekly contest where an ingame screenshot is posted (blurred/zoomed/unedited). Each image would be from anywhere within any toy box tale or top 5 toy box. Just a guess where Woody is kinda thing. It gets people playing through toy boxes with an eye for details. Don't know about prizes but maybe after a couple of wins you get something cool?

rank_100_ftb
FlameChampion267
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Angelos-Giorgos » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:25 pm

I would participate in the two latest competitions but I couldn't finish the Toy Boxes on time. Another factor is that I prefer to continue with 3.0 figures and stop collecting the 2.0 ones. When there is a new competition with 3.0 figures and maybe a different challenge I would participate!

rank_100
Angelos-Giorgos
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinity Freak1 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:35 am

I think people would be motivated if it was a starter pack or something. That would be great! I do like the contests though
Featured Toy Boxes: Olafs Race and hopefully many more!

rank_0
Infinity Freak1
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Stitch » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:40 pm

A King Mickey Power Disc giveaway.
How to apply?
Your forum name must be "Stitch" :lol:

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby Calysto » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:20 pm

As for prizes I would really like a piece a concept art signed by the DI team. I would frame it and display it close to my figures.

(They were giving away big lithographs at D23, and I was quite jealous. If I was there and received one I would ask them if they could sign it.)

An ideia for a competition could be a tournament done on the new Speedway. Since not everyone plays on the same console it would be decided by time.

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity competitions and giveaways