Gamescom Cologne 2015

Gamescom Cologne 2015

Postby Rapunzel70 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:19 pm

After last year was somewhat shallow Disney Infinity 3.0 is a little bigger on Gamescom this year, with several tabels to try both the toybox and the Star Wars levels. Could take some pictures (as nobody stopped me) of the new skill tree which seems to divide in four sections. However nobody could tell me if there's more than level 20 to achieve (all character are on level 20).
Unfortunately, Olaf isn't playable, though he's on one of the plattforms. But Mickey, Minnie and some Inside Out characters are.

Health (Thor)

Rocket Fire (BobaFett) (seems to be the special ability/attack of each character)

Damage (BobaFett)

Range Attacks (BobaFett)

Then there is a more detailed overview of the character abilities (like is his ability jump, strength, flying etc)

and pictures of the disney characters

and Olaf :)
"Best Day Ever!!!"

rank_250
Rapunzel70
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: Gamescom Cologne 2015

Postby Elmo STM » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:25 pm

Awesome, wish I could be there too, did you get any pics of the toybox or videos?

As for the level 20 it's been confirmed that level 20 is the highest level for 3.0 as well

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Rapunzel70 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:42 pm

I only could take those pictures while I was playing, I cannot play and make a video, I'm afraid. And of course I cannot just put someone else playing online.
There was no toybox menu, I was surprised I could access the skills.

The toybox games are bigger with more things to do, and the camera is near as in the 'normal' game. So you can see your character and the sidekick better.
Sidekicks now look like the townspeople and have different skills and abilities that you can improve as well.
"Best Day Ever!!!"

rank_250
Rapunzel70
PSN ID:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:47 pm

Thanks for the update,..... wish i had been able to head out to it this year :-( maybe next .... great to see boba fett's skill tree

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Rapunzel70 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:40 pm

Must be my lucky day: Finally Olaf was on the first spot and playable. Was able to film a little (sorry for the bad quality, it's not easy to play with one hand and holding the camera in another ;) )
He's small, like Rocket Raccoon, has a normal attack with his arm, a range attack with 'firing' snow and the super jump ability

Sidekicks level up now, too :)

First video shows his special attack. Somehow involves his summer-umbrella ;)

Second video shows general toybox gameplay:

I also have pictures of his grid/skill tree, let me know if you want to see them :)
"Best Day Ever!!!"

rank_250
Rapunzel70
PSN ID:

Postby Steamboat Silly » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:00 pm

Thanks for posting, you lucky devil you

Did you notice any upgrades to the skills o 1.0 & 2.0 characters? I wonder if we are stuck with whatever they have.
Support Brain Cancer Research
#Greymatters

rank_250
Steamboat Silly
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Rapunzel70 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:45 pm

Lucky indeed as today it was Thor again and not Olaf who was playable :?
So I gave Yoda a try, unfortunately his special attack could not be activated (the bar/box would never fill completely), but his sword fight is really cool with an awesome finishing move.

Skill tree: Can't say for sure as I could compare Thor's skill tree only from memory, but the first picture shows his health skills. My impression is, they are the same skills, only on separate grids. Playing felt pretty much the same, attacks and flying were just what we know.
But maybe the additional skills/moves/attacks were not yet activated or unlocked.
"Best Day Ever!!!"

rank_250
Rapunzel70
PSN ID:

Postby Rapunzel70 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:51 pm

My last update from GC. I could play through an entire toybox stage and it was surprisingly short (though I didn't do any sidequests). Much shorter than the Kyln or Merida stages. Dunno if it is just a tutorial stage and therefore shorter. Boss in this stage was Davy Jones, hardly a challenge for the lvl2 0 Black Widow.

Yet it was fun and if the other stages are a little bigger (or if there are just many more of them) it will be worth it!
"Best Day Ever!!!"

rank_250
Rapunzel70
PSN ID:

Postby BenFleischman » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:08 pm

The Toy Box Takeover expansion really doesn't look like much to me so I'm guessing that's why they have it as a free preorder bonus.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
PSN ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity events