Building our own farm

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Building our own farm

Postby Goofyboy » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:05 pm

Hi guys,

This morning I've decided to create my own toybox farm to have more space without paying the 5000 sparks per plot.

Unfortunately I've hit the memory limit very fast. An new empty box with 36 plot tiles. That's it, absolutely nothing else. So the question is, how much is too much? I think the food itself uses a lot of memory while growing so we might be limited a lot if we want to decorate the place too.

What do you guys think? Any experience?

I know that when you hit the memory limit, the crops stops giving food when you chop them up too.

I have also seen plots the sidekicks refuse to use, plot that are visible only when the wand is out but crops grow on it anyway... Some issues but nothing major.

rank_250
Goofyboy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Building our own farm

Postby Skellington0327 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:35 pm

My farm toybox has 12 plots and 9 super plots. I was able to add a lot of farm related decorations and stuff and I still have plenty of space. I do have some problems with my sidekicks though. They try to plant crops on the walls, some spaces they won't plant at all, two of them will plant on the same spot causing two different crops to grow there, sometimes they just go to a corner by a wall and just jump repeatedly. I thought maybe I had too many sidekicks out and that was the problem but they seem to still have some of these problems even when I have just two or three out.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Goofyboy » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:09 pm

I had that issue with weird sidekick. I deleted the plots that they were not using and recreated them. They went to the new one right away. There is a lot of weird stuff going on with them.

I will deleted a lot of my plots and see what it does to the meter. It takes way to long to plant everything anyway.

rank_250
Goofyboy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sarah » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:55 pm

I'm also having a real problem with my (just one !) sidekick refusing to farm in my farm toybox..

I only had two plots set down, with a lovely rock wall surrounding them on 3 sides - it looked very nice ! (so picture two farm plots set right next to each other and then surrounded so only one long side was open) But he'd keep jumping up on the rock walls or going to the edge of the walls and then just hanging around. I'll need to play some more, but.. I think it was somehow connected to the rock walls. Whenever I remove them, he seems to farm just fine..

rank_0
Sarah
Main Console: Wii U
Disney ID:

Postby Skellington0327 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:41 am

Yeah I think the rock walls are the issue. After I removed some walls, my sidekicks stopped jumping in a corner and trying to plant crops on the walls. It sucks because I really like how I designed my farm just to have to take away the walls
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sarah » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:05 pm

Good to have some confirmation that it's not just me !
It does suck, it's such a simple thing but looks so nice..

rank_0
Sarah
Main Console: Wii U
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations