DISNEY INFINITY related Crafts & projects

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

DISNEY INFINITY related Crafts & projects

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:51 am

Looking around on the web, there seems to be a few DI related activities for the younger fans. Here are some i've found:

Fancing eating INFINITY during a long TOY BOX session?

http://inspired.disney.co.uk/cook/disne ... rm-pizzas/

PRINTABLE BACKGROUNDS for displaying behind your INFINITY figures - Just print the PDFs.
http://inspired.disney.co.uk/crafts/dis ... lay-shelf/

PRINTABLE STICKERS to cut out and decorate with -

http://inspired.disney.co.uk/crafts/diy

FINGER PUPPETS -

FIGURE DISPLAY STAGE -

http://family.disney.com/craft/disney-i ... play-stage

HOME-MADE BUZZ JET-PACK -

http://family.disney.com/craft/disney-i ... ar-jetpack

Know of any others? After seeing various videos of tearful little'uns crying over the cancellation, it would be nice to find other things to keep the dream alive in other ways. ;)

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: DISNEY INFINITY related Crafts & projects

Postby goofyspaceranger » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:16 am

Fun post!

For kids who enjoy board games (perhaps even creating their own), the Infinity figures would make for cool super-sized game tokens. All you need is some poster board, pencil & markers, a pair of dice, & perhaps a RISK game to "raid" for the "spark tokens". The circular base on the figures makes it easy to trace circle spots that are a perfect fit. You can make games similar to Sorry, Trouble, Chutes & Ladders, Stratego, RPGs, etc. I posted a while back on "Disney Infinity Toy Box Board & Card Games" (and others around the same time frame), proposing for Disney to market their own Toy Box Board Game Kits for greater variety of games, but there's still a lot you could do at home on your own.

I like the theater display stage. With the servers unofficially scheduled to be shut down, there will still be another way to share Toy Box creations - YouTube. Kids can build their own sets in the Toy Box, use shared settings on the virtual cameras to get 2 local characters on the same screen & record gameplay. It's probably easiest on the PS4 with the Sharefactory editing, but there are other ways to transfer & edit gameplay footage. It's another way for them to be creative, using the Toy Box as a virtual puppet show. Singing optional ;)

I still think there's a good chance for the Toy Box Reboot, but I wouldn't share that with kids until it happens.
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:36 pm

#goofyspaceranger
My son and I often replace regular game pieces and tokens with action figures to spice things up. Star wars PODS are really small and are a great size for replacing most things ( we play draughts/checkers as goodies vs baddies ). Also star wars galactic heroes are a handy small scale too. - On your point, It wouldn't be that hard to create some artwork to support the 'Infinity board game' idea. Though if we thought about something a bit more professional with digital artwork, the biggest stumbling block would be scale. Do you know if anyone has created any artwork to support your idea yet, or took it to the next step? How did your previous post pan out?

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:44 pm

This is a simple snakes/chutes and ladders game. The board is on 2 A4s. It could easily be scaled -

http://inspired.disney.co.uk/play/disne ... oard-game/

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:54 am

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby goofyspaceranger » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:49 am

Again, fun posts :)

I think most thought my Toy Box Game Kit idea ridiculous - which I don't mind - I'd rather folks be honest. To me, it seems a fun way to use the Infinity figures in a physical way & to somewhat extend Toy Box game design into a physical form. The most interest was the initial idea for a Battlegrounds strategy game, with drafted RPG-style stats to reflect Infinity's skill trees.

I've been working on some illustrations for a "Think Infinity" app to provide a Creativi-Toy interface reference, but those are all from an angled side-view. People on these forums may think I'm a little nuts being so optimistic about the Toy Box Reboot; you can imagine some of the comments I get from my coworkers ;). For a gameboard of hex tiles, it would be best to have bird's-eye view pieces.

Are you & your son interested in playtesting some game design? I could draft some game mechanics artwork, post it on my tumblr blog, & you could print it out & tape/glue the pieces to the gameboard you make (the board would probably need to be static - handmade hex tiles would be tricky to keep together). The artwork could include for example a bird's-eye view of toys like the Trigger, Power Switch, Friend Generator, Object Generator, Enemy Generator, Vehicle Summoner, Teleporter, maybe a locked cage tile. You could print multiple copies & color-code them to have multiple sets on the same gameboard (along with a 4-colored wild versions). You could use a grab-bag of Power Discs for the Vehicle/Mount or Tool/Pack generated, and I could also draft cards for a Timer Countdown & Power Switch state of On/Off. I'd need to draw the line at the character cards though ;).

I do agree that with the larger figures, the scale of the board tiles is significant - but that may help unique gameplay as well - minimize movement per turn (see the related posts) - as one example, a random 6-sided die roll could determine direction instead of distance (hex-shaped tiles helpful there, and if you're on the edge, either get to choose direction, or move opposite, tending to drive you into the board's center). Default movement could be 1, up to 2 with a mount or vehicle, while some characters are naturally faster (e.g. flyers) so you'd divvy characters equably to players for game balance.
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:44 am

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID: