Disney Infinity Is Coming Back....Kinda

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Re: Disney Infinity Is Coming Back....Kinda

Postby Mkruzer » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:12 pm

I think it's a great idea. I'm puzzled why people would be against it. To me, the greatest tribute we can give to the Disney Infinity team is to play this amazing game that they created and keep sharing toyboxes for as long as we can.

rank_100
Mkruzer
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Zmillfarmer » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:29 pm

I also agree that this is an awesome idea and appreciate the effort to create a website for this.

There are a few issues that I see going forward as to how to coordinate the sharing of Toy Boxes and what happens when in March 2017 we will be making "Silent" Toyboxes as well as the moderation of the continued DI Community,

Not to volunteer the Moderators of this Forum but they do a spot on job.

How many out there remember Zork? This was a text based game with no graphics that led us through Dungeons and Mazes etc, and has had and has a large fan base.

I mention Zork because in so many Toy Boxes that have been shared, and are currently available on DI Servers, do Tell very well thought out stories as well as graphics and game play but how will we accomplish this once we no longer have access to the Text Creator and some of the other Creative Toys that are controlled by the DI Servers. We can give some visual clues and static Text prompts.

A possible solution Post DI Servers no longer functioning is to have a place where a Toy Box Artist can post their Tow Boxes Narrative Text in a format agreed to by the community and be Moderated as well as their Toy Box in action video share. It is important to maintain the family friendly Text parameters.

Actual daisy chaining of actual post DI Server Shutdown Toy Box creation sharing is something I would like to see. Trying to coordinate Game Sharing on PS4 is sometimes subject to the ability to connect at a proper connection speed and timing issues. I have tried to game share with my daughter, in the same house, and PSN would not connect us due to connection speed issues.

Can a Media Sever be setup so we can upload and download Toy Boxes ( even if only to same Console Types)?

Can we disseminate the Story of a Toy Box in a manner that can add the Text Creation missing piece after the DI Servers go down?

How can we help newbie Toy Box creators, like myself, learn and gain confidence using the Creative Toys so we can make our own Toy Boxes to share?

I am not a website developer or programmer but would be willing to pay for services that would keep the DI Community alive (a paid subscriber).

My daughter and I are going to WDW for the Food and Wine Festival and we usually bring our PS4s and DI characters etc. with us and we enjoy playing DI on our iPads by the koi pool in Japan. We are having a hard time deciding on wether to continue to bring DI with us . . . but . . . this idea of Disney Infinity and Beyond gives us hope.

Thank you,

------
Imagination is Best, if set free!
Imagination is best if set Free!

rank_0
Zmillfarmer
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:00 pm

I think it really depends on how the aim of the project is....on why reaction from the community is mixed...for months there have been lots of ideas and talk of saving the game, while the reality was the game was done. Launching a new site project that isn't about saving or continuing infinity might be a easier sell for community members.

People still want to play the game, create toy boxes etc ... But once that online server goes, it's gonna change the whole community aspect, if sharing between members still works it stands a better chance of letting fans continue.

Bringing together people on the premise of celebrating the game and enjoying what there is, that's a very different prospect than having the game live on or continue.. It's a fine line...

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mkruzer » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:49 am

I agree that if the point is to try to convince Disney or some other company to save the game, then that is a waste of time. But I take it that the goal here is to re-energize the community and organize the continued sharing of toybox creations, at least until the March shutdown of the servers. That, I think, is a worthy goal.

rank_100
Mkruzer
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby DizExplorer03 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:21 pm

Will be posting up a video today about the fate of the DisneyInfinityandBeyond.com website.

rank_100_ftb_10
DizExplorer03
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby DizExplorer03 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:34 am

The video is up.

rank_100_ftb_10
DizExplorer03
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Zmillfarmer » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:07 pm

Thank you DizExplorer03.

I was hoping there would be a way for the DI Community to be able to share and download Toy Boxes after the DI Servers go down but I guess that is not to be.

Your effort is appreciated.

Thank you.
Imagination is best if set Free!

rank_0
Zmillfarmer
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mkruzer » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:14 pm

I'm sad that this effort has also failed. There is really no reason, other than lack of enthusiasm, that we can't use this very forum to organize some kind of friend network to share toyboxes after the end of September. (It still is possible to submit toyboxes to community content until the end of the month, but you need to contact Disney Support to get them to approve the toybox.) The main obstacle in friend sharing is crossing consoles, since it requires help from people with more than one console. I myself have a Wii u and the iOS version, but the closure announcement from Disney seems to indicate that the iOS version will not be supported after September. It's not clear if that means the iOS version won't work at all or just lose online features.

Anyway, the real problem seems to be that most people around here have simply moved on, and that's fine if they are no longer interested. But, if there are people still interested in building and sharing, then we need to get organized.

rank_100
Mkruzer
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:54 am

It is enthusiasm and communication that will keep Infinity rolling. It saddens me sometimes to see posts on this site with hundreds of views, and not a single response. People need to step forward with an opinion. It doesn't necessarily have to forward the discussion, but in this case we need to talk to be able to get an idea of who's still out there.

If nothing else happens than we should at least have a dedicated Youtube channel or Facebook page, so we could at least share videos of our creations, even if not for play. We could still learn from others and build our own replicas. Millions of people watch others people play games on Youtube without direct interaction. I would happily subscribe to any Youtube Infinity channel I thought I could learn from or enjoy.

Why not start a new thread 'WHO'S STILL ON BOARD'. Just to see who's still active and how many responses there are?

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions