What Movie did you last watch?

Re: What Movie did you last watch?

Postby crazybirdman » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Found out my wife hasn't seen Jaws, so we had to immediately watch that last night. It is still SO good!

rank_250
crazybirdman
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Paradox » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:09 pm

Sausage Party. The wife and I found it quite funny, definitely an adult movie that's for sure.

rank_deputy
Paradox
Main Console: PS4

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:32 am

LOGAN'S RUN - ( 1976 )

SCi-fi movie were every one lives in a sterile underground community, where they just all seem to have fun all day. But at the age of 30 you are 'reborn' ( or voluntarily killed more-like! ). So there is no on older than 29 in the whole city. When Logan discovers that you aren't 'reborn' and just die, he RUNS - ( with a gorgeous Jenny Agutter in tow ). It's a lot of fun, colourful and very 'of it's time'. If you never saw it in the 70s/80s, give it a whirl.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Paradox » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:48 pm

^ I watched that about a year or two ago when a friend let me borrow his DVD of it. I enjoyed it as well and recently read they want to, like all movies it seems, remake it sometime 2017/18/19.

Also, check out WestWorld if you have not seem it, great movie. (It like Logans Run is not new but a classic starring Yule Brenner) HBO picked that up and is making a series out of it.

rank_deputy
Paradox
Main Console: PS4

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:35 pm

WESTWORLD? FANTASTIC. Another movie I have to watch alone as my wife won't watch "That old sci-fi cr@£". I had heard about a remake. To be honest anything from the Planet of the apes onwards i'm all over. What about SILENT RUNNING? I am an avid Michael Crichton watcher and reader, and to be honest despite his being one one of my favourite authors his books are all quite similar ( ie science intervention gone wrong ) but it's brilliant. Westworld is the almost the same spot-on Jurassic Park story, with androids instead of dinosaurs. But I love it maybe because of that. It's the androids Terminator-like determination that is the threat in Westworld. A remake could be good if the Android is threatening enough and it's not just about gore.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:57 pm

Highrise with Tom Hiddleston and Jeremy Irons - Pure garbage. Do not recommend.

The Brothers Grimsby - very, very, very offensive. Some hilarious scenes but definitely not for everyone.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:46 am

@pjhaan

Unfortunately even though JEREMY IRONS is a bit of a national treasure here in the UK mainly because of BRIDESHEAD REVISITED on TV, he has not been in many particularly good movies. He has such an iconic voice and is probably best known as SCAR form the lION KING. I remember from that dragon movie Eragon too. Most else apart from Lolita, Reversal of fortune and Die hard 3 have been watchable at best. He's always been better on stage and in period min-series. It was unfortunate for him that Batman Vs Superman was so boring as he got to play the iconic Alfred. ( Though I thought it funny that they gave the Alfred role to another 'voice', as he followed Morgan Freeman in the part).

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:55 am

Watched THE SHALLOWS, and PITCH BLACK ( Vin Diesel ).

THE SHALLOWS was much more exciting than I thought it was going to be. Lots of good Jumpy bits. But I thought it did start to become more and more less believable the more acrobatic and 'action hero' like both the shark and the girl became near the climax.

PITCH BLACK ( 2000 ) was Vin Diesels breakthrough role. A really surprising and good quality Australian B-Movie that introduces the character of RIDDICK. It's not AMAZING, but if you like action and sci-fi you could do a lot worse.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:26 am

@Paradox

Don't know if that Westworld movie will happen any more. Sky have just released details of their JJ Abrahams serial - Features ANTHONY HOPKINS as the John Hammond type park owner.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to the Mad Hatter's tea party