What Movie did you last watch?

Re: What Movie did you last watch?

Postby Sheriff Woody » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:24 am

^ i enjoyed the original westworld movie and i'm looking forward to seeing how the series turns out

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Paradox » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:20 pm

@Bionic, sorry if I made it sound like it will be a movie but that's the 'new' Westworld I was talking about. I think it'll be on HBO here in the states as a Sopranos or Game of Thrones mini series type thing, but it sure does look promising from what I've seen of it. And having Anthony Hopkins on board, come on now! Lol

As for movies, it isn't out yet so I can't say it was the last movie I watched but I'm waiting to go see the remake of The Magnificent Seven. Enjoyed the first, shockingly. I was never into old Westerns but an older friend let me borrow it and it was good. He has gotten me into some old spaghetti westerns and 70s classic sci-fi I would not have otherwise watched.

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:23 am

@Paradox
Good on your friend, and i'm glad you've enjoyed some of it. Magnificent 7 looks good to me too. There are so many duff westerns, but i personally really loved '3:10 to Yuma'. There's the 1957 original, and a really good 2007 re-make with Christian Bale and Russell Crowe. Watch the newer film then the older. Both really well made and very tense.

http://fmovies.to/film/3-10-to-yuma.63lz/zlj00w

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:28 pm

Watched CREED last night. I liked it but my wife didn't.

Went to Ratchet and Clank this morning with the kids. I tried to delicately explain what the phrase "rip you a new one" means. I think I failed! We all enjoyed it...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby crazybirdman » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:27 pm

Finally went to see Kubo. It is brilliant!

rank_250
crazybirdman
Main Console: Wii U

Postby mr jenzie » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:07 pm

seen quite a few recently

mad max fury road is excellent and sublime
brave is brilliant and i'm keeping it on my sky+ box
frankenweenie was pretty good, not kept
stoker is not a kids movie :?
adventures of tin tin i didn't like first time around but enjoyed it more this time

rank_50
mr jenzie
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Tilarta » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:05 am

X-Men Apocalypse.
I'm not entirely sold on the merits of their movies, but was curious to see how a live action adaption of the most formidable mutant foe ever would have been realised.
I enjoyed it more then I expected.
That Quicksilver rescue scene is my favorite, with him doing lolz stuff while carrying out his rescue, like doing the tango with Moira, moving a dart so it hits the dartboard, spiffing up a guy's hairstyle and drinking a can of soda that a girl was holding.

They didn't get Apocalypse correct though, he should have been bigger then that, broader, taller, larger muscles.
And where is his cool alien spaceship? Yes, he has one, he uses it to do his body transfer process, amongst other things.
Also, they don't show his mass shifting abilities, he has the power to alter his physical form, sometimes making himself into a moderately sized giant.
We see him do this in the mental battle with Professor X, but not in real life.
And he can also use this power to shapeshift, making him appear to be a normal person.

rank_250
Tilarta
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Paradox » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:13 pm

Not a movie so don't get mad but I've been binge watching Luke Cage on Netflix. While it is not for kids, I am thoroughly enjoying it as I did both seasons of Daredevil on there. Even Jessica Jones shocked me. Slow to get into it but once it picked up, it was quite good.

Next post will be a movie, I promise, Lol. Hopefully Dr. Strange!

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby Elmo STM » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:47 pm

^havent watched Luke cage yet but if it's as good as the other 2 then I'll love it I'm sure.

Watched a few films recently, lights out - actually loved this, not scary imo but a good watch. Conjuring 2 (same as lights out).

Nerve, while not everyone's tastes I enjoyed it. It's not hard to believe that this sort of 'game' is out there either.

Bad moms - very funny, laughed a lot, the missus not as much but still good.

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to the Mad Hatter's tea party