Light FX figures

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Light FX figures

Postby Jazz820 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:24 pm

I wish there was a way we could plug a skylander base into, say a iPhone brick, and then to a wall outlet and it would light up, that would be great and could have them light up constantly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rank_1250
Jazz820
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:29 pm

I hadn't tried direct USB power to a portal, but just tried it and you're right, it doesn't work.

It had also crossed my mind how long would the light FX function for ( ie the LEDs ) if left on indefinitely for display? I didn't want to shorten their life.

So after a bit of googling it looks like the LED would likely last between 8 and 45 years continuous use if left on 24 hrs ( Wow ). So if you only turned it on at dusk or when you got home from work ( 6ish ), and then turned it off at bedtime ( treating it like a lamp ) - The LEDs could last anything up to about 150 years ( ? )

So the answer is don't worry how long you leave them lit for. ;)

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby AJNinPTC » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:43 pm

So xbox USB power works, but direct wall USB power does not? Is that the general consensus?

Does any Skylander base work with LightFX?

rank_0
AJNinPTC
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:38 am

@AJNinPTC
So xbox USB power works, but direct wall USB power does not? Is that the general consensus? - THAT'S MY FINDING

Does any Skylander base work with LightFX? - ONLY TRIED SWAP FORCE PERSONALLY, BUT I BELIEVE THE TECH IS THE SAME IN ALL.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby AJNinPTC » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:57 am

Thanks. Just tried a "Portal of Power" I picked up for $4. Works great

rank_0
AJNinPTC
XBL ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:13 am

^ Yep it's cool isn't it. I have all the light FX figures, and none of their Non-lightFX alternatives. I held off purchasing so I didn't 'double-up'.

Unfortunately only 4 figures fit on a portal, so you need to use 2 to light them all. I'm thinking of taking a portal apart to see if I can use the internal tech to increase it's area, creating a custom base that will hold them all ( 7 I think without checking ). I'd also like to Star Wars theme the base if possible, with a death star or Hoth theme maybe?

I'll keep you posted - Or if anyone has already attempted this please let me know ;)

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:28 pm

Not related to the thread but a heads up to anyone wanting the King mickey disc Jason Moffat is doing a giveaway on Twitter when he gets 6 more followers

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby AJNinPTC » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:55 pm

So reading up on portal-tech and hacking them, I've stumbled across a technique of daisy chaining portals. A cursory test did not work for me (granted my second portal never seemed to work in the first place :( ) but I will try again when I get a new working portal.

http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=73052

Another thing, the length of the copper wire determines the RF that activates the LEDs, so lengthening it will probably not work.
What I may try is to take the copper wire from the non-functioning portal and tap it to the working one to see if that works. It's functionally the same as lengthening it, so I'm Not holding my breath.

But I did discover that my Raspberry Pi3 will power the portal... :twisted:

rank_0
AJNinPTC
XBL ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:33 am

Game have darth vadar back in stock for £3.99 so that's another one off the list :)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys