COMBINING A POWER DISC INTO A FIGURE

each forum member is allowed ONE topic to share their Disney Infinity customs that they have created

COMBINING A POWER DISC INTO A FIGURE

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:49 pm

I have made various mods over the past year and a bit, but have always just attached the costume power disc to the figure with double-sided tape.

Can you modders out there tell me how I can open the power disc to remove the little data sticker, so i can add it directly into the modded figures base? I have warmed it and tried gently prizing off the top with the image on it, but all i seem to be doing is damaging the disc artwork. Any tips please? I want to get my get figures as 'passable' as possible. ;)

edit: Bit the bullet with BRUTE FORCE and answered my own question -

If anyone's interested ?...

Just heat the disc in warm water to make it pliable, then put both thumbs beneath the disc, and with your index and middle fingers either side 'bend' the disc. The red plastic part of the disc beneath the picture sticker will begin to raise. I used a knife to 'grab' the initial lift, then prized it off. Be careful not to damage the 'data sticker' beneath. ;)

I'm probably talking to myself...

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: COMBINING A POWER DISC INTO A FIGURE

Postby Sheriff Woody » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:12 am

the sound of silence ;)

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:05 pm

I just did cursed Jack Sparrow, and the figure was a really chore to get off the base. After looking it appears the base has a solid circle which matches the figures base, rather than 4 'cross like' fittings of the 2.0 and 3.0 I have already tried. I would say this definitely made it harder to remove, as there is no break in the circle to help you prise it off. A design change between 1.0 and 2.0 I guess.

I'll know for sure when I try Mr Incredible 'glory years'.

Ammendment: - The above theory has not been the case. I though it WAS for 4 figures, until I opened Princess Leia ( 3.0 ) ( A solid circle ). So after Iron Man, Capt Jack, Gamora and Mr Incredible : An exception to the rule. ? I dunno. :o

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:01 pm

Evilos might be able to help on twitter, he did this a few times but can't remember the method he used

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:06 pm

I have this down now, without any damage to the figure or 'data-sticker'. All my mods now have the costume integrated into the base - Much neater. :D
It doesn't just have to be costumes though - You could also permanently power-up a particular figure with your favourite discs. You could have multiple 'duplicate' figures with a particular skill-set. Anyway -

METHOD:

THE POWER DISC -

* The easiest way to open the power disc is to lightly score around the red plastic circle first with a scalpel/craft knife.
* Then using 2 pairs of pliers, grip either side and just bend it down until the red circle and picture begin to lift. It's really important not to accidentally scratch or damage the sticker beneath, the tiniest mark will render it useless.
* The red circle/picture will not come off easily - BUT IT DOESN'T NEED TO! Force and great care are needed here. Only expose it enough to be able to 'un-peel' the sticker beneath.
* I use the craft knife again to grab the edge of the sticker, then carefully lift.
* The disc itself now is trashed and unrepairable - Bin it.

THE FIGURE -
* Soften the figure's base in hot/warm water. Then use your pliers again to pull up the figures base from the disc beneath. Put something like a piece of cloth in your plier's jaws to prevent damage to the figure. Again brute force with care is needed here.
* Put the costume disc sticker in the circular base.
* At this point I place the figure on the INFINITY base to double check everything's working before I re-assemble.
* Super glue the Figure back onto the disc base. - There is a front and back, so compare the disc and base visually before applying glue.
* Push down snuggly and your done.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity customs