SUDDEN FIGURE VALUE CRASH and HIGH VALUE 'RARES' TOO!

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

SUDDEN FIGURE VALUE CRASH and HIGH VALUE 'RARES' TOO!

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Tue May 23, 2017 7:41 am

Can you believe the price of HULKBUSTER right now? Anything between £15 up to £50. Though there really doesn't seem to be a ceiling.

There has been an incredibly fast market move to create 'Rares', and everyone's on the bandwagon. This reminds me of the Star Wars figure phenomenon, or any action figure line to be honest, but at Hyperspeed. Though for once this doesn't seem to have been an intentional market move for profit. Mainly due to this being the second hand market, and Disney will make no profit from it.

I suppose in assessment HULKBUSTER has become the evivalent of Star Wars 'Yak Face' for several reasons. 1. He was in one of the last waves and people were slowing down their purchases. Also these figures were produced in fewer quantities than say Woody, Lone Ranger etc. 2. He is very desirable and one of the largest figures - So more plastic for your buck. and 3. Despite being impressive, he was a bit of a 'double' to Iron Man. So maybe people held off?

There are others who are holding value such as JACK SKELLINGTON, JUDY HOPPS, NEMO and DORY. And the crystals seem to be creeping back into peoples wish lists too as we all run out of new figures to collect

Where on the other end of the scale you have figures worth as little as 20p, Jack Sparrow, Black Widow, Holley Shiftwell et al.

So who'll be the next 'Rare'? You never can predict. Jack Skellington was maybe predictable, as he's not a 'traditional' Disney character, and not very desirable unless you're an Emo Goth'. But at the same time he has been around since 1.0 and was made and distributed in the same quantity as all the others in the line. Probably the most surprising 'Rare' then. - Judy Hopps? Why not so much with Nick Wylde then, are the girls more collectable than the boys? And will light FX soar in value as completists regret not getting them originally in fear of 'doubling up?' I myself am actually thinking now of getting the 'non' light FX, as I did the opposite.

Who knows. If we COULD predict we'd ALL be squirrelling away specific characters from toy lines to try to profit from later. but it's never that easy.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: SUDDEN FIGURE VALUE CRASH and BIZARRE INCREASE TOO!

Postby Sheriff Woody » Tue May 23, 2017 11:50 pm

er, there a hulkbuster on ebay shipping from poland with a buy it now of £555.99 :roll:

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Wed May 24, 2017 12:11 am

Wow that's crazy, jack skellington wouldn't surprise me like you said. Hulkbuster is one of my fave looking figures, his design is so good same with baymax.

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Wed May 24, 2017 8:44 am

Yes BAYMAX still holds his own. He's in the same Ilk as HULKBUSTER I suppose isn't he. A BIG figure, dynamic Sci-fi design, and he's a flying character too which is always more fun in-game as it helps building particularly.

I remember HULK always being the most expensive pre-owned figure for ages- He was about £12 for many months in CEX and me and my son waited a long time to get him. Then of course the shops where flooded with him for some reason and his price fell dramatically.

Same with Black Spidey - A rare 'exclusive', that actually became much more common that his red/blue counterpart, as he was sold loose instead of in a 'playset' pack. I pity the people that paid £20 or more for him during that time. He's 4 or 5 quid now.

And now FROZEN fever has finally left us, ANNA and ELSA now sell for only 3 or 4 pounds. Less than half of what they were just a couple of months back. - But TINKERBELL is holding her value.

I had a feeling LOKI and GREEN GOBLIN would become more valuable/desired. As they're not the most popular of characters and their outfits are not true to the movies but the comics/cartoons instead. An odd choice I thought.

And Captain America 1st Avenger - He's holding his own price-wise, but I thought as a needless 'double' he wouldn't have been a 'must have'. He certainly wasn't in my collection until very late on as I wasn't attracted to a 'fighting game'. I suppose the fact he was included in a playset/game pack worked for and against. We'll see how that one goes with time.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: SUDDEN FIGURE VALUE CRASH and HIGH VALUE 'RARES' TOO!

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:45 pm

CEX are now charging £18 for Hulkbuster. It looks like he's just going to get more and more expensive. - And a tenner for 'Scrooge's Lucky dime'. Crystal Jack Sparrow and Perry seem to be the priciest Crystals at £8 each, and the other more popular figures seem to be settling down around a tenner. Which is fine is when we were paying 10-12 pounds for new figures anyway. Poor old Black Widow is just 10p. :(

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys