Are these legit prototype figures?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Are these legit prototype figures?

Postby Paradox » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:14 pm

I was toying around on eBay and saw listings for what a seller says are prototype figures. Does anyone know if these are in fact real prototype figures? I think these figures were produced in China but I see these are shipping from Hong Kong so one has to wonder are they truly the real deal or did someone find a way to run these off in China 'on the cheap' and pass them off as real prototypes to collectors for big bucks.

Listing for Moana.

Listing for Hera.

Listing for Dr. Strange.

And then there is a Peter Pan that the description says is loose as none were packaged. Yet I have seen Peter Pan's being sold in full retail packaging. Anyone know the full deal on Peter Pan? The seller says they have a shipment incoming with a bunch of loose Peter pan prototypes...

Here's the listing for the Peter Pan in question.

I have a complete figure collection in my Disney Curio Cabinet so it is so tempting to want to pick these up but man, it wouldn't be cheap, that's for sure! Thanks for sharing what you may know. :-)

rank_deputy
Paradox
Main Console: PS4

Re: Are these legit prototype figures?

Postby Tilarta » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:28 am

The Moana prototype looks like it's the genuine article.
See this video for the completed prototype:

Not sure why anyone would be selling these though, without the chip and playset, it's just a figurine.

rank_250
Tilarta
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Re: Are these legit prototype figures?

Postby Lightyear9358 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:55 pm

The Peter Pan appears to be legit. In case you haven't already seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBCeUALQaO4

rank_0
Lightyear9358
Main Console: Wii U

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys