PS4 DREAMS - INfinity reborn?

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

PS4 DREAMS - INfinity reborn?

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:49 am

DREAMS: This game hadn't fallen on my radar maybe because i'm an Xbox One owner, but this really looks epic. Someone has been worshipping at the altar of Infinity and Little big planet, and this seems to be the next evolution -

This could be the next big thing ( Without the money pit of figures to collect ) You create your own characters in game, even music.

The only thing missing is the familiarity of our recognizable Disney characters, and that is a HUGE sell for me to have the familiar franchises. And why Skylanders has never 'tickled my fancy'. Still definitely one to watch, and anything that stirs people's creativity instead of mindless blasting is fantastic in my book.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/12 ... rt-videos/

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: PS4 DREAMS - INfinity reborn?

Postby Mkruzer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:51 pm

I will buy this! Unlike you, I was never that much into the DI characters. Don’t get me wrong, the art style was cool and I like Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars just fine. I would really just prefer to create my own characters, even if it’s just a generic knight, pirate, cowboy, or whatever. I would like to see more about the creation tools for this game though.

rank_100
Mkruzer
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:29 pm

There is definitely more to be explained: But how open ended can anything be? Too restricted and the 'modders' complain'. But too much and it frustratingly goes unused and unappreciated as over-complicated.

The basic manipulation of shapes and objects in Infinity were Kindergarten building blocks. But stepping up to 'logic' and toys was a whole new ball game. The target demographic would never understand or even or 'skim' the potential of the game they had in front of them. My son's friends group of at least a dozen never used anything more advanced than an enemy generator.

The difference this time is maybe you're giving building blocks to a group who 'Get' what they have in front of them. Disney appeared as a Skylanders tag-along, but was so much more. I happened upon it as a Dad who 'Had a go' - Then went on to collect more figures, and spend 10X hours on it than an 8 year old! ( ? )

I dunno. However much we loved Infinity, I think it is now part of the 'creation' gaming family tree, Every genre evolves, and Infinity was an integral part of that. Anything that dilutes the FIFA, COD 'Off the shelf' game is OK in my book. I love a blockbuster game, but NOT money for old rope.

Disney was a USP. But reluctantly I will resign myself to the introduction 'next thing'. Be proud of what you were part of.

- The web/Net will never forget how much Infinity 'Traffic' there has been. A Fab half a decade of creative Disney gaming. ;)

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:08 am

I flicked through an 8 page preview of Dreams in the UK multiformat magazine EDGE. Not a single mention of Infinity? But multiple of LBP. It's the same developer but still... anyway does look very interesting, and like infinity can be played as a simple 'playset' game, or you can muck around, edit and share.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mkruzer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:01 am

I have LBP, I haven’t played it much because I’m not really into platformers. I guess that I should check out the level creation and sharing features. I’m sure they must have been their starting point for Dreams.

rank_100
Mkruzer
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions