ElvisRV's Desktop Publishing "Art"

each forum member is allowed ONE topic to share their own Disney Infinity fan art

ElvisRV's Desktop Publishing "Art"

Postby ElvisRV » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:49 am

In my Desktop Publishing class (essentially Adobe PhotoShop and InDesign) I made several Disney Infinity related magazines, etc. When my teacher hands them back I shall post them on my Flickr! http://www.flickr.com/photos/55912829@N04/ Please comment here and not on the physical picture on the page! Thanks!
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: ElvisRV's Desktop Publishing "Art"

Postby toops » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:12 am

nice work! i took quite a lot of design classes in school and even taught some and the one thing i always found people having issue with is text wrapping, especially in InDesign, and you've handled it nicely here which is great to see. i'm assuming these are photos of the layouts? i kind of enjoy the print streaks on the nemo page (spread maybe?) as it fits the theme and adds some nice depth even though it's unintentional. my one criticism would be that the text comes dangerously close to the edges of the page. i look forward to seeing where you go from here! keep at it!

rank_deputy_etch
toops
Main Console: PS3

Postby ElvisRV » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:31 am

^ Thank you so much! I wish my school offered more classes like this but unfortunately they don't. I am aiming to go to college for graphic design. I have some typography and a 16 page magazine that my teacher still has to upload also! Thank you for the complements and criticisms!
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!

rank_500
ElvisRV

Postby DisneyMania » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:32 am

I love your d23 magazine inspired by paperman! <3

rank_500
DisneyMania
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby ElvisRV » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:49 pm

^ Thank you so much! I just wish it would have printed correctly... :cry:

(EDIT) I am adding my "Toy Box Typography" and "All About Disney Infinity" magazine now! Hope you like them! :D
(EDIT again) I haven't uploaded the magazine but if anyone would like to see it I will gladly post it!

rank_500
ElvisRV

Postby DisneyMania » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:09 am

i will like to see the magazine - if its not too much of a pain for you :)

rank_500
DisneyMania
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby ElvisRV » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:24 am

^Okay I'll start scanning it tomorrow!

rank_500
ElvisRV

Postby Tak3o » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:23 pm

I love the paperman!
Ohana means Family, family means Nobody gets left Behind, or Forgotten.

rank_100
Tak3o
Main Console: PS3

Postby ElvisRV » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:07 am

rank_500
ElvisRV

Return to Disney Infinity fan art