Play Set and Character Wish List

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Play Set and Character Wish List

Postby Old9 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:38 pm

I'm not sure if this should be in the toys and merch section or the gameplay section... Anyway, just list movies, shows, or other Disney properties that you'd like to see as play sets for this game. They can be as likely or far-fetched as you want.

1. Winnie the Pooh - I'd be surprised if this franchise never touches the game. The Hundred Acre Wood could have a bunch of mini games based on the cartoons.

2. Ducktales - Wasn't it stated somewhere that this would be in the game? Because it should be. There would be plenty of adventures in this one!

3. Aladdin - It pretty much has everything needed for a good play set. It has an interesting location, a perfect setting for adventures, and cool characters.

4. Fantasia - Very unlikely, I know. We probably wouldn't get a lot of playable characters for this one besides Sorcerer Mickey and maybe Donald. But you gotta admit, it would be an interesting setting.

5. Spirited Away - Very unlikely. But, like Fantasia, it would be full of interesting visuals. And I would love to play as No Face!

rank_100
Old9
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: Play Set Wishlist

Postby Nibelilt » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:05 pm

I agree on WTP. :) Always loved it when I was a child... I really need to watch the newer film...

Alice In Wonderland. This one has a better reason than some franchises might- right now, the Alice games are aimed at a mature audience. An Infinity playset would be more kid-friendly.

Wreck-It Ralph- I'm only saying this because of the speculation that some characters may lack playsets. And if Ralph doesn't get one, I'M GONNA WRECK IT! D:

Frozen, etc. - Same reason as Wreck-It Ralph.

Fantasia- Sorceror Mickey was confirmed, I believe- *sigh* same reason as above. They would be incredibly stupid not to include their mascot and in my opinion, he should have been with the starter pack instead of The Incredibles(don't get me wrong, I love The Incredibles, Mickey is just... Obviously... "More Disney").
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby bleu4ever » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:05 pm

My playset wishlist would be

Fantasia- with sorcerer mickey and since there is a broomstick block figure it hought why not

Once upon a time- whereas in MU you can go from storybrooke in normal clothes to the enchanted forest I would love to play as rumplestiltskin or henry
Once upon a time is abc which is owned by disney.

The muppets- I would love to be animal or gonzo but i guess it wont happen because kermit and animal are both small block figures in the toy box

Bolt- but then a sort of sequel to the video game where you play as penny and bolt

Fish hooks- since they dont swim in the air sorta
The public is in danger! My evening's in danger! You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good! 'Greater good?' I am your wife! I'm the greatest *good* you are ever gonna get! "

rank_250
bleu4ever
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Postby Doodley » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:05 pm

Ooh, I love a good wishlist thread!

Gravity Falls: A fun mystery solving game!

Ratatouille: Run around the restaurant to find ingredients and cook food. Sort of like Cooking Mama. Keep out of sight of the other cooks. Maybe Linguini can be playable to and he helps get the food to the customers.

Wizards of Waverly Place: Use magic to solve puzzles!

The Muppets: Perform stunts and set up stage shows to wow audiences!

Where's My Water: When the entire sewer dries up, it's up to Swampy and Cranky to find out what's cloggging the pipes! You can even make tube slides, which you can play in at the Toy Box!

Minute Men: Players go back in time, to prevent terribly embarassing events from occuring in the school!

Iron Man: Fly through the city, fighting off Hammer Drones! Find the bombs before they destroy buildings! Figure out a way to carry more than four people falling in the air!

Schoolhouse Rock: Help get the train carts in order at Conjunction Junction! Find the animals missing at the Four-Legged Zoo! Play pool with Naughty Number 9!
(for the record, Disney acquired Schoolhouse Rock with its purchase of ABC)

Honey I Shrunk the Kids: Things are tough when you're smaller than an ant! Try to get home, while accomplishing missions on the way, as you try to turn yourself back to normal size!

Gargoyles: Soar through the city and fight crime before the sun comes up!

And that's all I got for now. I hope people working on at Avalance sees this!
Doodley

Postby Fluggerbutter » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:02 pm

With no reasoning other than the fact that the playlets would have cool design and fun characters, my top 5 would be:

TRON
Sleeping Beauty
Nightmare Before Christmas
Hercules
a playset based on the classic black and white shorts ( I would love a line of black and white characters like Mickey, clarabelle, Oswald etc)

rank_100
Fluggerbutter
Main Console: PS3

Postby toops » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:17 pm

rank_deputy_etch
toops

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:43 pm

Ordered by my personal favourite ideas from best to worst.

Disney and/or Avalanche Software, if there is any idea below that you like then feel free to employ me and I can oversee it's production ;)

Hercules
Lots of Greek mythology to choose from to make a PlaySet here. Would be a story driven action adventure game much like The Legend of Zelda. Has many sized enemies from small crawlers to massive titans. Could be set at any point in the Hercules storyline.

Characters: Hercules, Phil, Hades

Customizable house and training area which is used as the base.

Teaches the player the rules of combat and the thrill of adventure

Dinosaur
Most boys love dinosaurs and so I feel this PlaySet is a must. I would set this after the end of the film and follow a new storyline where the Nesting Grounds has gotten too overcrowded and Aladar and Neera set out to find a new home for their family and a few other dinosaurs. It would be an adventure PlaySet with stealth and puzzles playing a big part. No combat would feature in this PlaySet as it may make the game inappropriate for the target audience. Each playable Dinosaur has an associated lemur with them to help with puzzles that only a lemur can do, ie pulling levers and getting through small gaps.

Characters: Aladar with Zini, Neera with Suri

Customizable base camp that is set up each night on your journey.

Teaches the player the importance of stealth and the use of teamwork to solve puzzles.

Wall-E
This would be set after the end of the film and it's up to Wall-E to clean up Earth and help the humans recolonise the planet as, because they are now fat,they cannot do everything for themselves. You would be given missions which would involve, flattening land, building structures and finding minerals.

Characters: Wall-E, EVE

Teaches the player skills needed to build an impressive world in ToyBox mode.

Aladdin
Great Arabian setting that could be explored from the streets, the top of buildings and from the sky using Carpet. Would be very much like The Incredibles PlaySet, in terms of open world-ness, with much more focus on puzzles than combat. Very much follows the plot of the first movie but deviates enough to create some new plot points.

Characters: Aladdin, Jasmine, Jafar

Customizable hideout (think Aladdin's hideout in the film)

Teaches the player the rules of a free roam environment and how to solve puzzles

A Bugs Life
Bright scenery and characters would make for an interesting PlaySet. I would set this as an alternative ending PlaySet where Flik is never found by Dot and so he stays in the circus. You would travel to different locations and collect items needed for the circus acts which would then be set up and performed by yourself. Would involve enemy bugs that can be defeated by jumping on them or throwing berries at them.

Characters: Flik, Francis

Customizable big top and circus carriage

Teaches the player precise jumping and aiming.

The Lion King
Bright scenery and plenty of interesting characters are here to make a great platformer. Maybe one like a Donkey Kong Country side scroller. I would set this game in the time when Simba is growing up with Timon and Pumba.

Characters: Simba, Neera, Timon, Pumba

Customizable tree house.

Teaches the player how to make a good side scrolling game in ToyBox

Wreck-It-Ralph
Plenty of different styles of in film videogames would make for an interesting and varied PlaySet. Could also just be used as a racing PlaySet set in the world of Sugar Rush.

Characters: Ralph, Vanellope, Felix, Calhoun

Customizable tower block (for the varied PlaySet) or customizable car and garage (for the racing PlaySet)

Teaches the player the fun of variety OR the rules of racing

Tangled
Very much a 3D adventure game with plenty of jumping and exploration completing objectives for the townsfolk. Would be set after the end of the film and follows Rapunzel's quest to please her kingdom by completing any quests they set.

Characters: Rapunzel, Eugene

Customizable castle and buildings within the castle walls.

Teaches the player how to jump, climb, swing and explore the environment

*Will update with new ideas when they come to me"
MPK for short.

UK Retail Releases: 2.0 Edition, 3.0 Edition

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight
Main Console: Wii U

Postby toops » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:47 pm

i had posted this in my fan art thread because there wasn't a place for it, but there is now haha
Robin Hood Playset
Figures: Robin Hood, Little John. Sheriff of Nottingham separate.
world takes place in nottingham obviously, you play as robin hood or little john going on missions undercover to get bags of coins which you then give to each of the townsfolk i.e. friar tuck, otto the blacksmith, and the rabbit family. each mission you don a costume (the fortune teller, the archery contest stork/mustached advisor, the blind beggar, and the crossbow vultures) and do the corresponding stealth mission like rob the carriage, win the archery contest, rob the bad guy wolves as the beggar and sneak into the palace as the vultures. the world is over once you do all of those rob prince john completely and pay all the villages. other customizations involve home/shop placements and decor within the village.

rank_deputy_etch
toops

Postby Old9 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:09 pm

I can back up the Hercules idea. It might not be the most popular movie or anything, but it does have lots of potential for a play set, what with all the epic action and high fantasy settings. A black and white Mickey/Oswald play set would also go on my wish list. I always preferred retro Mickey and Minnie over their modern portrayals, and Oswald deserves another new appearance outside of Epic Mickey.

rank_100
Old9
Main Console: Xbox 360

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys