Disney Infinity 2.0 Maleficent and Merida

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Disney Infinity 2.0 Maleficent and Merida

Postby Sheriff Woody » Fri May 30, 2014 9:31 pm

Disney Interactive officially announced today the latest playable characters to appear in the 2.0 Edition of Disney Infinity - Maleficent and Merida. A new gameplay trailer, featuring a glimpse into how the characters will interact in the game, was also made available today to coincide with the release of "Maleficent" in theatres nationwide.

Maleficent and Merida are playable in the all-new Toy Box 2.0 mode of the game, along with all characters previously released for Disney Infinity. Players will be able to use both characters, plus hundreds of Disney-themed items, locations, props and vehicles, to create new adventures in customized worlds.

Key highlights include:

Maleficent: The wicked title character from the upcoming Walt Disney Studios film employs numerous magical powers and can attack using her magic in melee and ranged combat. To defeat enemies, Maleficent has the ability to utilize projectile and area of effect attacks that affect multiple targets within a specified area, brambles that she summons from the ground and ravens that she can call on to attack targets.

Merida: With her untamed fiery red locks, this headstrong Princess will definitely leave her mark in Disney Infinity. Between her sharp sword and bow combo attacks with ricocheting arrows, she can upgrade her aim with elemental freeze arrows, freezing enemies in front of her then following up with rapid shots showing off her impressive athletic skills as an archer and sword fighter.

Both Maleficent and Merida will be available in retail stores this fall. Additional Play Sets and characters will be announced in the coming months.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 Maleficent and Merida

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Fri May 30, 2014 9:48 pm

I'm going to get Maleficent right away! I just saw the movie and now I want her. I hope they have at least one more character from Maleficent.
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Doc Jump » Fri May 30, 2014 9:58 pm

Maleficent looks fantastic, if they include a classic costume for her she's perfect. I wish Merida incorporated the wisps into her attacks.

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby toops » Fri May 30, 2014 10:00 pm

the depth of their skills based on the descriptions is already lightyears ahead of what the 1.0 characters could do so i'm very excited for these and all future figures!

rank_deputy_etch
toops
Main Console: PS3

Postby Jack Frost » Fri May 30, 2014 11:08 pm

I feel slightly bad for the 1.0 characters as it appears that all the 2.0 characters are going to be in a class far above them when it comes to combat :( Merida and Maleficent look grand though! Can't wait to have an archery show down between Hawkeye and Merida! :D

rank_100_ftb
Jack Frost

Postby braiko » Sat May 31, 2014 12:29 am

Love the figures. It looks as though Merida will be pretty much a Hawkeye clone. That said, they will be customising her arrows with a 'freezing' attack upgrade and hopefully more. That could be quite easily done to the 1.0 characters as well, ie Davy's attacks slowing the target while Jack's confuses?
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby Puddin' » Sat May 31, 2014 12:46 am

Those character molds look amazing. I am getting more and more excited for DI2.0 with each announcement... or leak 8-)

Lenny
Puddin'

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Sat May 31, 2014 12:52 am

Awesome! :D
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby megapepsi » Sat May 31, 2014 1:29 am

Great work, can't wait, I am going to be sooo broke :-(