Infinity is a COMPLETELY different game than Skylanders

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Re: Infinity is a COMPLETELY different game than Skylanders

Postby KenLives » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:26 am

If they can keep up the quality of future play sets and maintain a tegular release schedule of brands people wNt (disney classics, star wars, marvel, wreck it ralph) this thing will be massive!

rank_0
KenLives
Main Console: PS4

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:22 pm

Skylanders vs Disney Infinity (in one sentence)

"Skylanders is about the characters you use and how you grow along with them through the story, whereas Disney Infinity is about the world you're in and how you choose to experience it."
MPK for short.

UK Retail Releases: 2.0 Edition, 3.0 Edition

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight
Main Console: Wii U

Postby mikefan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:19 pm

Mike is my favorite Disney Character!
He's funny and I love Green!

rank_100
mikefan

Re: Infinity is not a game

Postby mr.incredible125 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:28 pm

I think people should stop referring to Infinity as a game, when I think it should be called what Disney calls it a platform. A game is where you play one thing set by rules. A platform is where you can play many thing and make up your own rules.

rank_100
mr.incredible125
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: Infinity is not a game

Postby Fix-It Felix » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:50 pm

^ Nice interpretation. ;)
Wont be on the Forums until I get Infinity on the 23rd
Hope you guys enjoy it!

Lotso
Fix-It Felix

Postby mr.incredible125 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:00 pm

thanks

rank_100
mr.incredible125
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Harmony » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:25 pm

Skylanders is a game where you play with your toys to complete sole purpose...Infinity is game where you play with your toys to do whatever you want! ;)
Why was the elevator mad at the hotel guests?

They were pushing his buttons!
Harmony

Postby Star Command » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:57 pm

I feel I should share my feelings on this.

I'm a hardcore Crash Bandicoot fan, and after Crash, Spyro was the next best thing. This third "reboot" of the Spyro franchise took me by surprise. I gave Skylanders Spyro's Adventure a chance, and played through the game with and open mind. However, I hated the game mostly because it didn't focus on Spyro at all, thus defeating the purpose of calling it "Spyro's Adventure". I didn't care about any of the other characters. Only Spyro, Cynder and Sparx. But they made it so that you HAD TO use the other characters.

After I officially called it quits with Spyro, Disney Infinity was rumored and soon announced. Then the wibble hit the fan with all the Skylanders fans and the media saying that Disney was ripping off Skylanders.

First of all, BOTH Skylanders and Disney Infinity were planned around the same time. Activi$ion just beat Disney to publishing. And I feel because Activi$ion did that, we have the mess of Skylander fans having to buy a new $79.99 starter pack for each game that is released since they'll NEED the updated portal. Disney on the other hand has had a lot of time to figure their "portal" out, and I'm sure we won't ever have to buy another one.

Secondly, Skylanders used Spyro as a bait to get old fans interested in Skylanders, and then buried the poor purple dragon with a mess of boring, uninspired characters that look like things that already exist and have bad puns for names and the worst catchphrases ever. Disney on the other hand has a ton of established characters that many people know and love.

So are the to totally different? In their own ways, yes. But they do share the same concept.
Will Disney Infinity triumph over Skylanders? I think so. Because it seems very well thought out, and we will definitely get our moneys worth.
In the end, only time will tell.
To infinity, and beyond!

Disney Infinity Figures Obtained: 14

rank_50
Star Command
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby erikvis » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:35 pm

I probably need to try both to compare these games.... never did Skylanders before :O
erikvis
Main Console: PS3

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions