Favorite Media Animal?

Favorite Media Animal?

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:34 pm

Who is your favorite animal in all of media? They quality if they are not human, yet organic. Half-humans and robots don't count.

Appa, Flying Bison, Avatar: The Last Airbender

My favorite of all time, so far, is Appa because he marks the first time a non-talking animal was my favorite character in anything. (By the way, it's Appa, Sokka, Iroh, Toph, Katara, Aang, then Cabbage Guy. :mrgreen:) When he was temporarily dropped from the show, I was nearly in tears until he came back. I like how he licks everyone he loves, so that's a plus.

Crash Bandicoot, Eastern Barred Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot

WHOA! Who saw this one coming? *everyone raises hands*
...I hate you all.
I mean, Crash Bandicoot! Sure, he's nothing fancy, but he introduced me to the world of gaming, so that alone guaranteed a spot here. Now, what makes him lovable? Well, how about starring in not one single bad game?! That's right, all of Crash's games are enjoyable for everyone!
*Mind Over Mutant pops in*
Activision, doesn't count.

Donkey Kong III, Great Ape, Donkey Kong Country

Do I even need to say anything? The grandson of the original Donkey Kong (now known as Cranky Kong), DK stars in his own platforming series, which is debatably better than Mario's own! He's also proven himself to be a great kart racer, appearing in every single Mario Kart game (His father covered for him in the first, though.) I look forward to more games with my favorite primate.

Princess Unikitty, Unicorn Cat, The LEGO Movie

Girly? Yes. Juvenile? Definitely. Yet, Unikitty has something to her that few others can replicate: Charm through dialogue. Most charm is phoned in, and... So is Unikitty's. However, that's the point, and everyone who has seen the entire movie knows why. It's charm through fake charm, and that's tough to master.

Otis, Cow, Back at the Barnyard

The party animal, I chose Otis' television counterpart to his film character simply because this version is more entertaining. Taking place before the movie... No, after... In-between? I don't know. It's probably non-canon. Anyway, this is when Otis is leader, but still doen't take responsibility because setup. I love Otis, and that isn't a secret to these forums. Just ask anybody who saw my avatar with Otis on it throughout the summer last year.

There you go, my top five favorite animals.

For those who don't have the time to read all of that:

5. Otis, Back at the Barnyard
4. Princess Unikitty, The LEGO Movie
3. Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Country
2. Crash Bandicoot
1. Appa, Avatar: The Last Airbender
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Re: Favorite Media Animal?

Postby Infinite Mickey » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:43 pm

Naga, Polar Bear Dog, The Legend of Korra

I WANT ONE! That'd be a good one to have, a polar bear dog. Anyone want to mess with my mind, head in the mouth! Need to get to school, ride him there! I just want one!
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Elmo STM » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:15 pm

sonic the hedgehog

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:30 pm

Yoshi
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Chewbacca » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:06 pm

Dug
Chewie is best character

rank_1250
Chewbacca
NN ID:

Postby killa-bunnah » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:09 am

Reptile from Mortal Kombat :D
"The world is haunted now" - Tyreese, The Grove

rank_250
killa-bunnah
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Crash, obviously, for pretty much the same reasons KTC said. And Coco, too. :) Crash wasn't my first game, though- Spyro was and I'll always prefer him. He's my favourite.

I'll agree with DK too, but for me it's because of the Donkey Kong Country cartoons- which I find so bad they're good- than his games. I personally don't find DK memorable in DKCR (the only Donkey Kong game I've played through) and don't have much bias to him. Even in Mario & Donkey Kong, I thought he was pretty bland (though I haven't played that in a couple years). When I played Mario Kart with my dad, we'd often fight over character choices and Donkey Kong was always forgotten. ... Ooh, I made myself sad...
I really enjoy the DKC cartoon (though it definitely isn't a masterpiece, by any stretch). I already said this in the NAAH, but the show has enough genuinely good elements to keep me interested and a lot of the bad elements are enjoyably so. Don't get me wrong, I I think DKCR is still a great game (objectively, it's far better than the cartoon)- but as far as Donkey Kong himself goes, eehh. He's kinda the standard kinda-goofy hero, and he's done well but he isn't one of my favourites. I like Donkey Kong himself much better in the cartoon... Something about him always cracks me up.

It just occurred to me that I really like Cranky in DKCR. I like him even more than DK in the cartoon, too.

It might seem hypocritical that I like the silent Epona (from Ocarina of Time) a lot, because I said DK is bland to me, but... Well, I like her a lot. I like how you can visit her in the past, then you befriend her in the future. Riding around with her in Hyrule really feels great.

Discord from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. His two episodes are among my favourite from the series. In all the episodes with him I've seen (still need to catch up on S4), he's simply so much fun to watch.

Toothless. I don't claim to be an expert on cat body language, but I've kept an eye on my cat's and Toothless' behaviour is pretty similar (though exaggerated, but for accessibility, that's fair enough). I find his mannerisms interesting to watch because of this and he generally seems to be really well-animated. I love the bond between him and Toothless.

@IM You mean Polar from Crash? I didn't even think of him- I like Pura better, because he's more nostalgic to me. The Pura levels from Warped have always been some of my favourite levels in gaming. :)
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Infinite Mickey » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:53 pm

@Nibbelit, no, that's Naga's species.

I have two more:

Wiggler, Caterpillar, Mario

I shouldn't admit it, I didn't in my first post. I shouldn't. But it will be in tiny letters.

cough hack cough Fluttershy, Pony, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Return to the Mad Hatter's tea party