Describe your scariest experience

Postby Stitch » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:20 pm

My scariest experience would have to be when a tornado was in our area.
We live in Texas, so while they are not common, they are obviously not out of the question.
I was at school, and the intercom went off, telling us all to take shelter in the Gym.
(I got to miss Math class so it wasn't a total loss).
We stayed in the Gym for two hours after seventh period, so basically an hour after school ended.
We were not allowed to leave school premises till the severity of the storm died down.
Thunder was shaking the building, the rain was almost like fog, falling down so hard, you could not see outside.
Lightning continually lit up the dark sky.

We later found out that two tornadoes had been closer to the school than expected, and there were in all, six in our district.
Very scary.
Thankfully, no one was hurt.

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Re: Describe your scariest experience

Postby Elmo STM » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:21 pm

When I got to america I couldn't get in contact with the fella I was staying with so that was scary (ish) lol

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:19 am

I went mountain hiking for a school trip, and our path was way too full of gravel. We had to go back downhill, and numerous times I nearly slammed into the person in front of me. One wrong step, and you would literally fall to your death.
Luckily, we all made it back okay.
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:12 pm

I still remember one Wednesday sometime in 2012. I wanted to stay home from high school because I had ankle pain.
See, I used to take a lot of days off because I hated high school, but that day I really meant it. My mum even knew I'd been having ankle problems, because we'd been going to the doctor for them and I'd taken off some days cause of them, but assumed it was better enough that I'd be fine.

She went out to the supermarket and our house was robbed that day. I cried out in sadness when I got home and saw the door broken down. Just let out a wail, checked to see if anything I would really, really miss was gone then went to sleep in the middle of the day.
I'm not harpaxophobic any more, though I still think about this more often than I'd like. It doesn't help that it happened during probably the worst time of my life, so far.

There was one time I got lost on a class field trip when I was young, which felt dreadful, but I was smart enough to ask for help and get to the main desk of the place we went. I don't remember it very vividly... I guess I remember the feeling of being lost and wondering what I would do if I was lost forever, but I actually felt pretty proud and relieved that I could ask for direction and made it back to my group. I honestly don't look back at it that badly. Close call, yeah- I certainly don't want to think about what COULD have happened- but I ultimately grew from it.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Jazz820 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:26 am

Well considering I have CHD, Congenital Heart Defect, my scariest yet happiest moment was three years ago having open heart surgery to reconstruct my half heart, connecting a cows jugular vein from my heart to my lungs, so yes I am part cow. It was an eight hour surgery and afterwards while I still had chest tubes in I started to literally bleed to death, blood just coming out through the tubes and running out of my body. Though I was asleep for the whole thing I can feel the anticipation of all the chaos going on during the experience. That whole month I spent in the hospital recovering, feeling as though I was wearing a suit of armor while someone was jumping on my new wounded chest. That was a really scary moment but one out of the many I have had in the hospital since I only have half a heart. But every moment is worth it.

rank_1250
Jazz820
NN ID:

Postby Stitch » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:34 pm

Wow Jazz.
I am so glad that you are ok!
That is a really cool and quite horrifying story.
However, that would be a nice fun fact:

"I am also part cow"

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby Jazz820 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Haha yes it is something I always say at the end of my stories to help lighten the mood after people hear it :P

rank_1250
Jazz820
NN ID:

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:51 pm

@jazz820 Glad you're okay.

@Nibelilt That sounds like a very scary experience. I'm scared of robbers too, but only because I'm just really paranoid.
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Jazz820 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:58 pm

@KyletheCartoonist, yeah it's all good for now, but like anything really there will be more trials that come up, but I love my CHD and having half a heart, and it's on the right side of my body not the left, and no I don't say the Pledge of Allegiance with my left hand :P

rank_1250
Jazz820
NN ID:

Next

Return to the Mad Hatter's tea party